VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed Avs2DVD and AVISynth, but when I start Avs2DVD is complains that AVISynth is not installed. Don't know why it can't find it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you mixing 32 bit and 64 bit versions?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using Vista 64 bit. I guess I need to find 64 bit versions of AVS2DVD and AviSynth. I am using AVS2DVD 2.3.3 and AviSynth 2.5. which was included in the AVS2DVD install.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 32bit avisynth and avs2dvd work fine on 64-bit os ; in fact it's more stable because avisynth 64 isn't ready for prime time yet and still full of bugs
    Quote Quote  
  5. You don't need 64 bit versions. But you must match versions. 32 bit programs require other 32 bit programs and codecs. 64 bit programs require other 64 bit programs and codecs. You can't use a 32 bit codec in a 64 bit program, or vice versa. 32 bit programs operate in their own world, separate from the 64 bit world, under 64 bit Vista and Windows 7. I assume AVS2DVD would include the right version of AviSynth.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I installed Avs2DVD and AVISynth, but when I start Avs2DVD is complains that AVISynth is not installed. Don't know why it can't find it.
    AviSynth (32 bit) is included in AVStoDVD "Installer" package. Did you download the "NoInstall" package?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stevesgrabber View Post
    Believe me get the EasyCap video grabber dc 60 +. Its really amazing and Im doing exactly what you want to achieve. I also have a DVD recorder JVC and record to dvd RW and import these files to hard drive and edit in Ulead video studio or pinnacle ultimate or vegas or movie factory. My favorite is videostudio plus or SE and pinnacle ultimate.
    Is this the one you are referring to?
    http://www.amazon.com/EasyCAP-DC60-Creator-Capture-High-quality/dp/B002H3BSCM

Also, It says it comes with a CD, I am thinking it has software, question to you since you do use it, does that software works for transferring from VHS-VCR to DVD or to your computer, then a program to burn it, etc or not?
    Also, if the CD does not have anything to be used, then do you know any FREE programs to do the transferring of video?
    FREE programs?

Thanks,

JC.
    Burning speed plus good quality is WHAT COUNTS!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guys i am just starting out this exact same project but with 300 home tapes to converts, please tell me i am doing this right
    1- i got this dongle http://www.onemoregadget.com/easy-cap-usb-vhs-to-digital-capture-adapter-tutorial/
    now first question, quality talking, do S-video cable make a difference ?

2- after hocking it to the pc i started capturing using either CyberLink PowerDirector 10 or ulead studio
    now second question, both of them had some pros and cons, from your experiance which is the best all in one solution to enhance the captured video ?

3- after splitting the scenes i saved them
    now third question, i am getting some HUGE output sizes, i know they need to be compressed, but what format and how much is enough ?

and 2 finale questions: is there a way to add some metadata to the video file it self ? and do i need dede GPU or intel 4000HD is enough ?

just to note: i got an ivy bridge quad core i7 paired with 16gb of ram and 6 Tb of space just for this, all ripped videos will be streamed via PLEX

waiting for some answers

regards
    ahmed
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by a7medo778 View Post
    guys i am just starting out this exact same project but with 300 home tapes to converts, please tell me i am doing this right
    1- i got this dongle http://www.onemoregadget.com/easy-cap-usb-vhs-to-digital-capture-adapter-tutorial/
    now first question, quality talking, do S-video cable make a difference ?

2- after hocking it to the pc i started capturing using either CyberLink PowerDirector 10 or ulead studio
    now second question, both of them had some pros and cons, from your experiance which is the best all in one solution to enhance the captured video ?

3- after splitting the scenes i saved them
    now third question, i am getting some HUGE output sizes, i know they need to be compressed, but what format and how much is enough ?

and 2 finale questions: is there a way to add some metadata to the video file it self ? and do i need dede GPU or intel 4000HD is enough ?

just to note: i got an ivy bridge quad core i7 paired with 16gb of ram and 6 Tb of space just for this, all ripped videos will be streamed via PLEX

waiting for some answers

regards
    ahmed

I copied all mine by playing in SVHS deck ... feeding Svideo & Audio to ADVC300 (very glad I purchased this box) firewire out to firewire port of PC.

used the freeware Utility WinDV http://windv.mourek.cz/

To then capture files to PC ... resulting DV files are big files, but such is life.
    On a couple of tapes where there was specific issues I also put a TBC in series during capture .... but not needed on 90% of work.

For me I used Vitualdub if recording needs some serious work (usually artefacts) ... or the final step then is drop them into Sony Vegas (HD Platinum 11 is ver I have) and edit as required ... adding or changing sound tracks using Sound Forgte, then creating Output using Vegas DVD Architect.
    Last edited by Tafflad; 3rd Mar 2014 at 08:38.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Do you realize the last posts in this thread were nearly 2 years old before you decided to respond? And the original question was asked 9 years ago? And those with questions are long gone?
    Last edited by jagabo; 2nd Apr 2014 at 11:09.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Magix fu**** spammer. Bye bye.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Do you realize the last posts in this thread were nearly 2 years old before you decided to respond? And the original question was asked 9 years ago? And those with questions are long gone?
    Amhed posted a Q in June 12 ... and I responded in June 2012 to that Q ....

Strange that 10 months later you are asking
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Do you realize the last posts in this thread were nearly 2 years old before you decided to respond? And the original question was asked 9 years ago? And those with questions are long gone?
    Amhed posted a Q in June 12 ... and I responded in June 2012 to that Q ....

Strange that 10 months later you are asking
    Baldrick deleted some posts by Sammy(something) between yours and mine. That is who I was talking to.
    Quote Quote  
  14. apologies didn't know posts had been removed .. thought it was aimed at me.
    Quote Quote