VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So I've got this issue where I'm trying to pull in a 6 channel FLAC file into Adobe Audition, but it only seems to pull in or playback the background noise and not any of the dialogue. When I play the FLAC file in VLC it works fine, and I can hear all the dialogue though. It looks like it could be a setting issue, or just a playback issue within Audition.

What I'm trying to do is adjust the audio to match a video. I've got an HD version of a Japanese movie that only has Japanese audio, and I've got the DVD version that has English audio. Both tracks were AC3 (which my version of Audition will not import), so I converted them to FLAC using TAudioConverter. And they play just fine in VLC, but Audition seems to have an issue.

The FLAC file has 6 channels when it imports to Audition and all channels have a waveform (not sure of correct terminology there). But channels 3 to 6 don't seem to play. If I mute channel 1 & 2; I get silence, but it looks like audition is playing audio. Now that I'm writing it; it looks like channel 3 is the center channel and probably contains the dialogue as it looks like that channel contains the most audio. But nothing comes through my speakers when I hit play.

Audition says "Reading libsndfile..." while loading the FLAC file if that helps at all.

I'd like to keep the highest quality audio if I can, so I'd like to figure this out and not have to convert it to an MP3 file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can try converting to WAV instead of FLAC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I found the problem... in Edit > Preferences > Audio Channel Mapping, nothing was listed for channels 3 - 6 (and all the rest too). I'm using a soundbar, so I guess Audition only mapped the first left and right output channels.

Looks like I was able to successfully output the a single audio track. The multi-track was still giving me a few issues though, so there might be more settings I'm missing there.
    Quote Quote