VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    I'm the lucky owner of a HTC HD2 mobile phone - the huge screen was once of the reasons why I bought it. However I'm a bit miffed with the playback of encoded movies (I use CloneDVD mobile). My previous phone was an Omnia and this was DiVX certified - but my HD2 isn't and so won't play the files. I bought Coreplayer, but it drops frames and I find this irritating as hell. I've tried h264 codec but this takes ages, and again the phone seems to struggle playing it at 25fps.

Does anyone else here have this phone? If so, to what format do you encode your movies?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The manual states "Video supported formats: wmv, .asf, .mp4, .3gp, .3g2, .m4v, .avi"
    avi is generally used to indicate Divx and Xvid playback.
    However, if they refused to pay the fee for Divx usage, then an avi flagged as DIVX might be specifically barred from playing.
    You could try changing the FOURCC code of your Divx AVI's to XVID and see if they'll work then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello,

My wife and I (who both have these beautiful new HD2's, just use CloneDVD to burn them to the standard format, then use a great FREE HD2 specific tool called Videora HTC Converter to flip them to MP4, and not just MP4, but MP$ specifically for the HD2. It may be an extra step, but we are using Videora to flawlessly convert the over 2TB of movies we have to viewable on our HD2, a and 600GB into is I havent run across one yet that won't work. It's quick, painless, and has one of the most intuitive GUI's and Walkthrough Wizards you'll run across.

hope this helps.
    Quote Quote