VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know this can be done pretty easy, but I've never done it so I must ask help. I recorded an acoustic bluegrass outfit and I wanted to try and spice up the recording by adding a simple drum beat to the music. I'm talking about just a single bass drum hit looped how I choose. I am very familiar with Cool Edit Pro and can easily add the drum track in once it's made.

So can someone who might have experience with this kind of thing tell me what the best program is for this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good luck sync'ing the drums with the music!

But for simplicity (& free) you can try Hammerhead, just replace the existing drum sounds with the "custmgui2" acoustic set.

But seriously, I don't know how you can realistically add drums AFTER the event, unless you paste in each drumhit one at a time or something?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's just acoustic bluegrass music. I noticed on a recording from last weekend that when people were stomping their feet during one song that it might sound interesting to try and add a simple drum beat the same tempo. It won't go with every song, but I thought it might be something kinda cool to try on one or two. The recordings are from the soundboard so they are nice and clean and if I add anything to them it might mix in well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not even sure if It's possible to translate what I have in my head into reality, but Hammerhead sure is fun to play with.
    Quote Quote