VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Similar to 'Date taken' for JPEGs.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not sure what you're looking for. Since the digital era I've never met a camcorder or DVR that doesn't do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Not sure what you're looking for. Since the digital era I've never met a camcorder or DVR that doesn't do that.
    They may store Created, Modified and Accessed but they're file attributes rather than a specific video 'Date recorded' attribute.

It would be very useful for my 'Home videos' library in Plex, as I have digitalised VHS videos and there's no way to store the date recorded in the file, so Plex struggles to arrange - and ends up arranging by file name, which is unfortunate.

'Date taken' is used by many photo services, such as Google Photos, to sort the photos by date.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can create metadata tags in video file containers such as mkv or mp4. But they are not standardized, so no application will use them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are looking to have the date Encoded, Tagged, Or Recorded added to your titles. check out Date Time Changer https://www.videohelp.com/software/Change-Date-Time-Batch on this web site. It can do this as well as change the Encoded, modifed windows data to the Encoded, Tagged Metadata burned into most video recorders output.
    Quote Quote