VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Who is your favorite superhero?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by julitomg
    what about Speedy Gonzalez? (surely would get banned by the Bush administration...let´s think of others... )
    - ULTRAMAN
    - ULTRASEVEN
    - GOJIRA (& friends)
    Got to agree here, Ultraman and Gojira!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well this is a very old poll but it is worthy of resurrecting.
    Gotta say for me it is a very close tie between Superman and Batman.

Superman is just the epitome of the superhero genre.

But Batman is great in his own way. No powers just lots of smarts and some great gadgets.

But I think you know who got my vote.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why Superman though when Kryptonite can weaken him?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Almost all popular heroes have at least one weakness. To me that doesn't make them less of a hero. It makes them "just a little more human".

I don't think I'd like a hero that was "perfect" and had no weakness. Plus it would take away from the storyline possibilities.

What kind of story would it be if the hero just beat the bad guys ass with no problems. "Hey nothing can hurt me!" Not very interesting if you ask me.

Thats where a lot of your storylines come from is the vilians exploiting the weaknesses of the heroes and the heroes finding a way to overcome those said weaknesses.

Damn I'm getting way to philosophical about comics and heroes.

Just read the damn things/watch the damn movies and enjoy them!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by freebird73717
    Damn I'm getting way to philosophical about comics and heroes.

Just read the damn things/watch the damn movies and enjoy them!
    Haha! It's okay. The Superman movies are very good to watch!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody seen this guy? http://www.wlwt.com/cnn-news/19305002/detail.html
    There's a video of him on CNN today.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    e2 supes, e22 supes, e2 flash (gay garrick), e1 flash (barry allen), favorite book of all time Watchmen & Kingdom come, favorite group justice society (e2 version)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MJA
    Batman from the 60's looks gay.lol
    I have all 120 episodes captured from my dish, which is NOT available on DvD (which I would have bought instead).

It is the most cheesiest and corniest show ever - yet surprisingly entertaining. This stuff gets lots of playtime with friends over, and is great after a few beers for a good laugh.

And there's a reason why DC Comics never allowed a release of this series on DvD - it would DESTROY the image of Batman totally. It just would not work today like it did back then. Ironically, although DC did bring the world spotlight to the Batman name into pop culture with the series, in turn, DC has made a killing with him being the dark sentry, and urban warrior of the night, of the later decades - the total opposite perception.

Seeing footage of him ordering orange juice at a bar, wearing yellow shorts over his uniform surfing with a can of "Bat Shark Repellent" or going on "fishing trips" with "Robin the Boy Wonder" (who's a minor) would kill the franchise today.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Favorite TV series ever: The Incredible Hulk (70's and 80's). It still works for me today.

Favorite comic books growing up: mostly Marvel, like The Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc.

However, secretly I've always had a fascination for the classic B&W of old and the traditional clown villains - the famous "puzzlers" - The Joker and The Riddler. That psycho-laughter is still top-notch.

Favorite super-hero/super-villain of the modern world: The resurrected Bucky.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Remember ... The Green Hornet .... with Bruce Lee as Kato ... it was decent .... people actually got killed in that TV show ... gunned down and stuff.

http://www.thegreenhornet.com/home.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81k_34ouQhM <<<< Bruce Lee as Kato ... fight scene
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbblyaEO7B8&feature=related <<<< The Green Hornet vs The Batman

Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by PuzZLeR
    I have all 120 episodes captured from my dish, which is NOT available on DvD (which I would have bought instead).
    It's not? http://www.tvdvdboxsets.com/product.php?productid=38200
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    Originally Posted by PuzZLeR
    That site looks shady to me.

Some of these DVD's haven't even been released yet. How is it possible that you sell them?

There is a section of the American copyright law known as "The Berne Act" that Clearly states: films unreleased in the United States, including original versions of films altered and/or edited for release in the United States, are NOT protected by American copyright; thus, they are considered public domain. The entire purpose of our website is to provide otherwise unavailable films or television shows to the serious collector
    Will the DVD's work on my DVD player?

The DVD's are region free which means they will play on over 99% of DVD players
    DVDs with Custom Artwork.
    Looks like someone selling burned dvd's. They might look good but I don't think they are legitimate.
    Quote Quote  
  13. You may be right, I don't know anything about the site. I just recalled seeing an ad for the show's DVD set at some point and that was the first of several sites a google search turned up.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Does "Wonder Warthog" count ? (I think that was the name . . . . )
    From "underground" comix. (X-rated.) Circa 1970s ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Iron Man.
    Frank Zappa: "People wouldn't know a good movie if it smacked 'em in the face."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by freebird73717
    That site looks shady to me.

Some of these DVD's haven't even been released yet. How is it possible that you sell them?

There is a section of the American copyright law known as "The Berne Act" that Clearly states: films unreleased in the United States, including original versions of films altered and/or edited for release in the United States, are NOT protected by American copyright; thus, they are considered public domain. The entire purpose of our website is to provide otherwise unavailable films or television shows to the serious collector
    Will the DVD's work on my DVD player?

The DVD's are region free which means they will play on over 99% of DVD players
    DVDs with Custom Artwork.
    Looks like someone selling burned dvd's. They might look good but I don't think they are legitimate.

I have to agree with you on this freebird - I checked these sites out years ago when I wanted to buy Superman and The Addams Family before they were officially released - definitely not legit.

And now to my answer to this poll - Absolutely SUPERMAN - the TV series with George Reeves

First runner up is WONDER WOMAN - Lynda Carter for obvious reasons

Second runner up is BATGIRL - Yvonne Craig also for obvious reasons
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own" - the Prisoner
    (NO MAN IS JUST A NUMBER)
    be seeing you ( RIP Patrick McGoohan )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lacywest
    people actually got killed in that TV show ... gunned down and stuff.
    Really?? Wow I wonder what the lawsuits and legal fees ended up being???
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And there's a reason why DC Comics never allowed a release of this series on DvD - it would DESTROY the image of Batman totally. It just would not work today like it did back then.
    ...but they allowed the movie, though?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    And there's a reason why DC Comics never allowed a release of this series on DvD - it would DESTROY the image of Batman totally. It just would not work today like it did back then.
    It's called a "cash cow". If it'll make money they do it.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was referring to an official, real, commercial release from the actual holders of its rights and from those that are in possession of the source. This does not exist.

What those shown there are bootlegs. They're actually just TV rips, with all station logos, even badly edited (with ads still there) and some bad low compression encodes in order to "fit". Never tried them myself, and not sure about this particular set, but I've read the posts about series like them sold...

BTW - I bet my version of the series is lots better in video, and overall, quality than that crap.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Yup, I stand corrected. Turns out there's a whole bunch of copyright issues surrounding the '60s Batman series. It may never make it to "official" release.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    It's called a "cash cow". If it'll make money they do it.
    Yes, it's deemed a "classic" alright that does indeed sell well.

But did you actually see how they indirectly promote it? Like a cheezy cornball comedy actually.

If they were to release a whole TV series just like that, this indirect reference to "the humor" would fade badly after 120 straight episodes of it...
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I have to pick only one, my favorite super hero is Spiderman, mostly because he struggled in his "real" life, and was sometimes guilty of serious errors in judgement, but managed to do the right thing eventually. I never read the comic books, and only became interested in him because of the original animated series from the late 1960's.

Even so, I've been a big Superman and Batman fan all my life. I started reading DC comic books as soon as I could read, and loved "The Adventures of Superman" TV series. Strangely, the Batman books of that era that I read did not feature super villans, and the only one of Superman's super villians that I remember seeing at the time I read the comic books was Lex Luthor.
    Quote Quote  
  24. What about Tofu the Vegan Zombie?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

It is the most cheesiest and corniest show ever - yet surprisingly entertaining. This stuff gets lots of playtime with friends over, and is great after a few beers for a good laugh.
    edit it didn't show the right video give me a minute.
    edit 2 okay it's fixed now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d2NogbArCs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What's scary is that that link is intentionally trying to be cheezy... as for the actual show? .... like I said - scary.
    Quote Quote