VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have a mp4 video
    the audio and video are in different frames how to delay some second of Audio in video
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does the audio sync error get worse as the video plays or is it out of sync by the same amount the length of the video?

Which type of error determines the possible fix for the problem.

If the video and audio are different lengths, then you need to adjust one to the other. Audio length is usually easier to adjust.
    If the error amount stays the same, then you can adjust the starting point or offset of the audio to sync to the video.

A combination of both can get very complicated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    Does the audio sync error get worse as the video plays or is it out of sync by the same amount the length of the video?

Which type of error determines the possible fix for the problem.

If the video and audio are different lengths, then you need to adjust one to the other. Audio length is usually easier to adjust.
    If the error amount stays the same, then you can adjust the starting point or offset of the audio to sync to the video.

A combination of both can get very complicated.
    is there any software that allow to move audio and video file like as windows movie maker
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You still didn't answer the question redwudz asked,it helps to know so we can give you the software needed to fix your issue.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    auio and video are different length
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Then you may be able to adjust the audio length as this is the simple way.

I would try the freeware audio editor Audacity. This all has a bit of a 'learning curve', but it can be a simple procedure.
    Let us know and we can probably link you to some guides or tutorials on how to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  7. What editing program are you using?

Depending on what that is, you should just be able to adjust the audio file in the timeline so that it starts several seconds, or however long you desire, after the video starts.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sandraharriette View Post
    Depending on what that is, you should just be able to adjust the audio file in the timeline so that it starts several seconds, or however long you desire, after the video starts.
    The audio and video are different lengths in the OP's video. Changing the offset won't fix that sync error.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote