VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wrongly captured mpeg2 file - only L channel , R is silent. I need some simple utility to duplicate sound from L ro R. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPjCSRRfDMA
    Most of the time you can just drag your video file into Audacity(or GoldWave).
    You will need to output your new "fake stereo" audio file to it's own audio file then replace the mono for stereo in something like AviDemux.
    There is no "one button solution" or software for this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Unless something has changed recently you'll need to download and install the ffmpeg source plugin for Audacity to load the audio track from A/V files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You're probably right....I hate Audacity and love Goldwave.....but Audacity is free and more popular here....I assumed it could do the same thing as Goldwave.
    Quote Quote  
  5. There's a matrix mixer DSP for foobar2000. You can add it to the conversion chain. Just disable the right channel, put the left channel in both left and right.... and convert.

If you're not already a foobar2000 user, doing it with Audacity might be easier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mm.gif
Views:	207
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	35523

ffdshow has a similar matrix mixer. If you have it installed and can decode via DirectShow you can do the same thing. MeGUI's audio encoding section lets you set a preferred decoder.
    Quote Quote