VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have a problem. i downloaded (don't ask where) this album in flac format, and it's in 1 file only. is there any way i can split up the flac into its original individual tracks without having to find out how long each track is and manually cutting the flac?

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ShadowrazoR
    ... i downloaded (don't ask where) ...
    Why not ?

It's public domain, isn't it ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. well you could use goldwave to open the flac and resave it as a wave and then edit to split up the tracks while keeping it as a wav format
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    but that's manually cutting it up, right? thanks, but i'll save that for a last resort for now. it's a little tiring to have to cut up a few albums like that. thanks anyways.

so, if the FLAC's in 1 single file, then there's no way i can see it in its original seperate tracks anymore, right?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Correct. The plus side though to seeing it in goldwave is you can at least see where each track/song starts and end via the wave forms and making a note of the time
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok... i've tried cutting now, but for some reason i can't seem to cut it properly. how do i choose the starting and ending points of a selection? ala virtualdub, i mean.
    Quote Quote