VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm having an issue trying to edit a slowed down video. I have the entire video at 83% speed and I'm wanting to cut off the first 1:20 of the video. When I set the work area from 0:00-1:20, it shows me the correct image (in the preview pane) of where I'm wanting it to cut. However, the cut is actually being made at around the 1:35 mark. The only thing I can figure is that it's making the cut on the frame that would be at 1:20 if the video was played at 100% speed.

If I split the video at 1:20, the first segment will be fine, but the second one will be missing several seconds, again like it's starting me at the frame that would be there at 100% speed. Is there a setting I can change to make the cutting process work better on a slowed down video?

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and VSDC Free Version 6.3.3.968 (64 bit)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know what you are using to cut the video but most FREE editors and some pay editors cut at the I-Frame (Key Frame). Sounds like the key frame is not at 01:20 but but at 01:35. Cutting the first chunk has a Key frame to start so it cuts OK because . The second chunk skips to the next key frame and uses that as the first frame of the second cut.

To cut exactly, you need a frame accurate editor that encodes only the first portion (01:20-1:35) and copies the rest of your cut.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm using VSDC. I think I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure if that was the problem. I was trying to cut at timestamp 1:20 on the slowed down video, which would be roughly 1:00 on the full speed video. But it was cutting at 1:35 of the slowed down video, which was timestamp 1:20 on the full speed video. I ended up playing the video at full speed to find out what the timestamp I needed would be and used that number instead of the number that I was being shown on the slowed down video and it worked. Just seemed overly complicated, so I figured there must be an easier way to go about it. I thought there was a way to display the frame number in the work area instead of the timestamp, but I haven't found that option yet.
    Quote Quote