VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Everyone,

I'm using youtube-dl + aria2c to download videos. Great program youtube-dl but I'm not happy with aria2c download speeds. Max speed I get is around 1MBps. Using SVPTuve 2 to copy link and download via IDM gives over 3 MBps speed. But SVPTube has it's own problems.

So I was wondering if there is a way to supply the link from youtube-dl to IDM. Couldn't find anything in Github.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What link?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Link to video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRDvYDLr0c

Larger the file, slower the download. Maybe I'm dong something wrong with aria2c configuration settings. But changing max concurrent connections, split etc don't seem to matter, at least for youtube. Speed remains pretty much the same.

P.S. Sometimes, using just youtube-dl and disabling aria2c I get great speeds, 3x times that I get with aria2c.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I used different tools to download this video. They all downloaded at the same speed. Apparently, youtube.com artificially limits the download speed. Above continue to find ways to increase the download speed from youtube.com.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    What sort of speeds do you get if you paste the youtube link here?
    Quote Quote  
  7. The speed is the same as that of the youtube-dl.
    Quote Quote