VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've spent the last hour searching the web for downloadable sound effects either for free or for a "reasonable price". Specifically, what I am looking is stadium crowd noise, boos, cheers, oohs, ahs, and ohs that can occur at a hockey game or a baseball game. I would like to add these effects to home videos I'm working on for my son's and daughter's hockey, baseball, and softball games. (And those that I will be working on this summer). It would be nice if the stadium crowd noise was at least a minute in length or more.

Everything decent that I found in my search was way out of my price range ($200 to $495.00). I am thinking more like $50 or less.

Can anybody point me in the right direction or provide me with a link?

Thank you.

Vanster
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could capture something off TV and rip the audio...
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
  3. on Usenet you can get anything for free ifyou ask in the right newsgroup.

Also try:
    http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sacajaweeda,

I've thought about recording something from the TV. The only problem with that is it's hard to find a sports broadcast where the announcers shut up for more than 5 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    cheapest solution -

go to your local library, see if they have any sound-effects records or cd's. (the BBC Sound Library is a good set).

if not, next cheapest -

go to your local computer retailer, or used record shop. sound effect cd's are usually cheap as dirt - most of the ones I've picked up new have been around $10 for a 3-cd set. Used, they can be even cheaper. (the big difference is, if you get it from a computer store, it'll probably be a disc of .wav files instead of audio).

If all else fails, see if you can get a Kiss or Cheap Trick live lp, there's tons of crowd noise on them you can sample out.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  6. -----------------------------------------------------

There is a reason why God gave us one mouth and two ears!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Link above wrong. Should be http://crowdsoundeffects.com/
    Quote Quote  
  8. Here's one, if you need a longer sound effect then use Audacity to join several clips:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, hopefully, SOMEBODY will benefit from the kind efforts of the last 3 folks who posted. As the OP started this thread over 7 years ago, I doubt he/she is still looking.
    Quote Quote  
  10. oops!
    Quote Quote