VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have the NV DS27 camcorder, and its one of those older cams where I had to activate the DVin (i mean the firewire port) manually. Now I should be able to record signals from the DVin, but the camera doesnt have a "record DVin function". So Im sure that its possible to record the DVin signal with it, but I dont know how to do so.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by cheeseplease
    I have the NV DS27 camcorder, and its one of those older cams where I had to activate the DVin (i mean the firewire port) manually. Now I should be able to record signals from the DVin, but the camera doesnt have a "record DVin function". So Im sure that its possible to record the DVin signal with it, but I dont know how to do so.
    I really hate to ask this but did you try VCR mode and hitting "record"?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well from what I have read in the users manual ,the NV DS27 cannot be used as a recorder, only the DS28/DS38 will record. I could be reading it wrong though. Here were I read it. Page 32

http://www.support.panasonic.co.uk/sys/ttips/Panasonic/Visual/Camcorders_(Digital)/NV/...pages27-52.pdf
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thats right, the NV DS27 cant record, but I used some software to activate the DVin, so its receiving the DVin signal now. So basically its a NV DS28 now, as far as I understood. Now all I need is to know how recording the DVin signal gets done with the DS28 I think. And I guess since I (might be) missing some control pad to activate it I would need to remote control the cam via the PC to start the recording on the cam. I mean the DVin signal comes in...
    Quote Quote  
  5. so I used a capture and print to tape program and the print to tape process worked!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am glad to here that you got things working.
    Quote Quote