VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nebbish_2112
    The field order for my 1080i source is BFF. As such, my script has LeakKernelBob = 0. AssumeBFF(). SelectEvery(4,1,2). Because my 1080i source is BFF, I must use this script and encode as BFF.
    This will give correct result (as in your next example) but you are not limited to making the final field order matching source properties. As Jagabo already explained you can use AssumeTFF() in this script as well and get TFF from the script for TFF encoding.
    What I tried to explain above was how the original script with order=1 and AssumeTFF() could produce BFF output (you used it for TFF encoding) for your BFF 1080i source. I still can't understand how addition/removal of AssumeTFF() with all other settings remaining could produce the same incorrect results (looks like when you forgot to add it, the result could be correct TFF/TFF output/encoding).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    4,0,3 leaves the previously assumed fieldorder
    4,1,2 reverses the previously assumed fieldorder
    I see the error of my ways.

But...

Why wouldn't I always use

AssumeTFF().SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3).Weave()

for everything and encode everything as TFF.

Is the Assume command somehow tied to what the LeakKernelBob is set at.
    For example a LeakKernelBob(Order=0) should always have AssumeBFF() and a
    LeakKernelBob(Order=1) should always have a AssumeTFF()?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So for us Avisynth newbies, how 'bout somebody posting the complete script that works?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Robert Simandl
    So for us Avisynth newbies, how 'bout somebody posting the complete script that works?

Thanks!
    For my 1080i video with BFF field order, my script was:

LoadPlugin("C:\Ripping\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\BT709ToBT601.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Ripping\DGDecode\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Ripping\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\LeakKernelDeint.dll")
    MPEG2Source("O:\Video\To Process\Carrie Underwood - Wasted - 03.24.2007 (SNL) - 1080i_30_BFF\[HDTV-1080i].Carrie.Underwood-Wasted.03.24.07.(SNL).[DD5.1].d2v")
    LeakKernelBob(Order=0)
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    BT709ToBT601()
    FadeIn(30)
    FadeOut(30)
    AssumeBFF().SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,1,2).Weave()

I encoded in TMPGEnc as TFF and all is well!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by nebbish_2112
    For my 1080i video with BFF field order, my script was:

MPEG2Source("O:\Video\To Process\Carrie Underwood - Wasted - 03.24.2007 (SNL) - 1080i_30_BFF\[HDTV-1080i].Carrie.Underwood-Wasted.03.24.07.(SNL).[DD5.1].d2v")
    LeakKernelBob(Order=0)
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    BT709ToBT601()
    FadeIn(30)
    FadeOut(30)
    AssumeBFF().SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,1,2).Weave()

The last two lines make it a little confusing because you are assuming BFF then using SelectEvery to convert to TFF. It would be clearer if you used

LeakKernelBob(Order=0)
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    BT709ToBT601()
    FadeIn(30)
    FadeOut(30)

Remember, after LeakKernelBob() the original field order no longer has any meaning. LeakKernelBob() created progressive frames.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM

The last two lines make it a little confusing because you are assuming BFF then using SelectEvery to convert to TFF. It would be clearer if you used

LeakKernelBob(Order=0)
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    BT709ToBT601()
    FadeIn(30)
    FadeOut(30)

Remember, after LeakKernelBob() the original field order no longer has any meaning. LeakKernelBob() created progressive frames.
    That's what I'm saying and was trying to get to in my previous post. I wasn't sure if LeakKernelBob() had a bearing on the field order needed for the Assume command.

In this thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic309286.html

Manono had suggested using AssumeBFF(), SelectEvery(4,1,2) for LeakKernelBob(Order=0), which I now realize is to be encoded as TFF. But as you said, why not use AssumeTFF(), SelectEvery(4,0,3) for everything. I think this is how I got completely screwed up to begin with way back then.

As long as I input the correct 1080i source field order in LeakKernelBob, I should be able to use AssumeTFF(), SelectEvery(4,0,3) and encode for TFF for everything, correct?[/quote]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by nebbish_2112
    As long as I input the correct 1080i source field order in LeakKernelBob, I should be able to use AssumeTFF(), SelectEvery(4,0,3) and encode for TFF for everything, correct?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Manono had suggested using AssumeBFF(), SelectEvery(4,1,2) for LeakKernelBob(Order=0), which I now realize is to be encoded as TFF.
    That can be confusing, can't it? In other threads on the same subject I've followed posting that script with a statement saying to encode for TFF. Then in another thread, after posting that script, Alex_ander said it might be better to keep it in the original field order. It has to do with which pairs of fields you use to create the interlaced script at the end. He was saying that you get less interpolation and more of the original fields, and therefore better quality, by keeping to the same field order from source through the script to the encoded output. So, if originally BFF, he was saying that you don't want to turn it around to TFF as my scripts were doing. I can see where that might be true in some cases, but not for all and maybe not for the majority. It kind of depends on the kind and amount of filtering going on, I think. If he comes back, he can present his case, or maybe track down the thread where he said that.
    Quote Quote