VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My first attempt to use this tool to remove chapters from an mp4 video and merge all the others (to remove ads). The original video was 1:50 with the commercials. I figure that without the commercials it should be 1:43 in length, but for some reason it always comes out to 1:57 after cutting and merging. So instead of getting seven minutes shorter, the video ends up 7 minutes longer? It's probably a simple oversight of some setting I'm not doing? I'm using the latest version, and I tried doing it a couple different ways: Right clicking on the advertisement segments and selecting remove, then merging the remaining segments to one output file. Also tried exporting all the segments individually, deleting the ad segments and then merging the remaining segments in a separate operation, but the length results were the same. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? TIA!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    25fps vs. 30 fps video? did you check which system - euro 25p or usa 30p was being created?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    25fps vs. 30 fps video? did you check which system - euro 25p or usa 30p was being created?
    Well, I checked, and from the Windows properties I see the original videos frame rate is 29.97 fps, while the new merged video is showing as 26.63 fps? You would think that a "loseless" cutting software would preserve the original frame rate by default? I don't see any settings in the software to set the frame rate, is there some other software that can just modify the frame rate of the video?
    Quote Quote