VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. They have been getting way more restrictive on their rules so I'd like to figure out how to do it on my own
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need your own L3 cdm.

Plus any one of these:
    pywidevine
    vt
    wks-keys
    widevine_keys
    a custom script for the web server you are trying to obtain keys from
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    You need your own L3 cdm.

Plus any one of these:
    pywidevine
    vt
    wks-keys
    widevine_keys
    a custom script for the web server you are trying to obtain keys from

That's the problem, I've gotten decently familiar with headers and pssh and all that but I don't know what a CDM is and how I go about getting/making it. At some point I'll look into the article on using an android device. That might work for me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Joeyjojos View Post

At some point I'll look into the article on using an android device. That might work for me.
    You need to purchase, or have use of the android device to obtain your cdm from. Once extracted, the android device isnt needed any more.

If you dont know what a cdm is (content decryption module) you've got some serious reading/research to do before you even attempt extraction yourself.

Read thoroughly the 2 posts that cedric has linked to for you. The guide that A_n_g_e_l_a has produced is the best I've ever seen and uses an android device that lends itself to this mission very favourably.

Everything you need to know about this subject has been posted multiple times ad nauseam on here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can use:

https://cdrm-project.com/

(if you don't have your own cdm)
    Quote Quote