VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I learned how to save video from a website that I purchased. They won't let you save it locally, but I figured it out.. you know for backup purposes in case they ever remove the content.

It saves the stream as 1080p, h.264, mp4, bitrate variable between 10,000 to 15,000. Really high quality stuff.

Anyway, I have been using MPC-BE X64. When I open the video, the first 10 seconds are black. On 0:11 or 0:12 the video starts, and on 0:13 or 0:14 the audio starts. If I try to rewind it only lets me rewind to 10 seconds. Nothing is out of sync at all. Just doesn't start until 10 seconds.

BUT the first 10 seconds is actually there and is fine. I played it in MPC-HC X64 and Windows Media Player no problem. I also looked at it through Vidcoder's preview and it was fine. I also played it through a Chrome Plugin / Android App that can stream video to my Chromecast Ultra and it's fine.

Should I even be concerned or just let it go?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try play with VLC Media Player also. If it works I guess it's something wrong with MPC-BE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the link to the forum. I'll also try the MPC-BE nightly build.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Someone told me I should try and mux the file and should solve my problem. We'll see.
    Quote Quote