VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to dub a different language onto a VCD.

I used TMPGEnc to demultiplex this VCD file (.dat) and got 2 files: one video file (.m1v) and one audio (.mp2).

Next, I wanted to perform a simple multiplex to merge the video file (.m1v) with my own audio file. However, TPMGEnc gave this error message "Illegal MPEG Audiostream".

I tried to do this simple multiplex with both formats WAVE and MP3 and failed.

I could have created my own VCD the normal way by simply merging the video file with the audio file. But this would take a long time. For 45-min VCD, it takes +6 hr. to do.

Would someone please tell me how I can use simple multiplex to make my own VCD? Do I have to convert my WAVE file to a .mp2 file? If yes, how would I do that?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by moviebuff2
    Do I have to convert my WAVE file to a .mp2 file? If yes, how would I do that?
    In a word yes.

Open TMPGEnc, close the wizard, click on load next to audio input file.
    Click on Audio Only radio button.
    Click settings, Click Audio Tab, Change to desired bitrate.
    Ok.
    Choose output file name
    and click Go, or encode, or whatever it is...

Or you can encode your wav file to AC3 using ffmpeggui02c or headache and multiplex that file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or you can encode your wav file to AC3 using ffmpeggui02c or headache and multiplex that file.
    Not if you're planning on creating a (S)VCD from the file, you can't. Extremely few (S)VCD players handles anything but mp2 audio in (S)VCD. I'm not sure it's even possible to mux m1v and ac3...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. forgot he was talking about VCD's.. My mind has been stuck on DVD for awhile... yeah, encode to an mp2 with TMPGEnc..
    Quote Quote