VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have captured some MPEG2 video where the audio and video slowly slide out of sync. For an hour-long clip the audio is bearable ... it's only on longer clips that it starts being bothersome.

I know that I can "demux" or split the audio and video streams apart. If I split a four-hour clip into four 1-hour pieces, can I then edit the last three clips so that I sorta "slide" the entire audio stream by one or two seconds ... so that it starts off in sync?

If I DO edit the video in this way, would the editor re-encode the MPEG2 file? Basically, I'm wondering if it will be faster for me to recapture the 4-hour videos or edit them?

I have Womble's MPEG-VCR, Ulead's Video Studio 7, and Sonic's MyDVD on hand.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since the audio drifts out of synch, I would suggest you check the length of the audio (use Gold Wave)versus the length of the video (use Virtual Dub). Now if they are not of the same length, you can use the
    Effects-->Time Warp function to make them of equal length.

The only drawback to this procedure is that for extremely long video, the pitch may change too much, but there is also a procedure for lowering/raising that as well.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you have sound forge 7 you can edit the demuxxed audio file without any change in pitch. Demux into video & audio streams(mpv&mp2). Load mp2 into Sound Forge 7. Remove DC BIAS.Change bit-depth to 32 bits. Timestretch the file shorter or longer to synch it to the video. Change back to 16 bits. Save as wav. Use ffmpegGUI (freeware) to convert the wav to ac3. Author the mpv & ac3 to vobs & burn to DVDR.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try that program PVAStrumento.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote