VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    i have re-download eac 1.3 and lame_enc.dll from rarewares LAME 3.99.5 32bit Bundle compiled with Intel Compiler 14.0.3.

lame_enc.dll hash
    MD5: AB70669CA143E7CC72C94B07C5335D24

well i did a clean install of eac 1.3 and i copied lame_enc.dll in the root folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\

when i run the first time eac i can see it and i can use it

at the second time

what's wrong? can you please test it?
    and i know i can use the command line ,but it's pretty nice hard to configure for me
    is there a colletion of encoders profiles (like lame,flac,qaak and other encoder) that i can download and import on my eac ?

thanks
    Last edited by rama; 25th Jun 2017 at 08:17.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rama View Post
    and i know i can use the command line ,but it's pretty nice hard to configure for me
    I haven't played with this settings for a long time, but I'm pretty sure the Waveform encoding with lame_enc.dll doesn't create mp3 files; it creates wav files with mp3 encoding or, put in a different way, mp3 streams in a wav container. Some media players may not support this format.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Isn't it supposed to be configured under the External Compression tab?
    http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_Compression_Options#External_compression

I haven't use EAC in years but I kind of remember setting up encoders was unnecessarily hard. There's command line examples for LAME here:
    http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_Lame
    Last edited by hello_hello; 26th Jun 2017 at 05:32.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you decide to use the command line, you can (Let's see if I can get this right ):

Select 'Compression Options' from 'EAC' menu.
    Click 'External Compression' tab.

1. Check 'Use external program for compression'
    2. Change 'Parameter passing scheme' to 'User Defined Encoder'
    3. Set file extension to .mp3
    4. Click 'Browse' and locate your file 'lame.exe'. You could just copy/paste it into c:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy, in which case you'd just browse to that location, select lame.exe, click 'Open'
    5. In 'Additional command line options', for Preset:Standard enter: -V 2 %source% %dest%
    6. Check 'Delete WAV after compression', unless you want to save the WAV files too
    7. Check 'Check for external compression return code'

8. If you want EAC to add ID3 tags check 'Add ID3 tag'
    -In which case you probably want to configure the 'ID3 Tag' section in 'Compression Options'
    -Also, the 'EAC'-->'EAC Options'-->'Directories' tab, and the 'Filename' tab for where you want your mp3's placed and how you want them named...Maybe also 'Character Replacements' if you want EAC to replace certain characters in your tags/files with others
    -If you also want EAC to create an m3u playlist for each disc you can check that in 'Tools'

9. If you want lame.exe to write the ID3 tags instead of EAC, you uncheck 'Add ID3 tag'in 'Compression Options' and configure the 'Additional command line options' with the instructions also included on the 1st page hello_hello linked to
    Put NBC's Ed on Blu-ray!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
    If you decide to use the command line, you can (Let's see if I can get this right ):

Select 'Compression Options' from 'EAC' menu.
    Click 'External Compression' tab.

1. Check 'Use external program for compression'
    2. Change 'Parameter passing scheme' to 'User Defined Encoder'
    3. Set file extension to .mp3
    4. Click 'Browse' and locate your file 'lame.exe'. You could just copy/paste it into c:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy, in which case you'd just browse to that location, select lame.exe, click 'Open'
    5. In 'Additional command line options', for Preset:Standard enter: -V 2 %source% %dest%
    6. Check 'Delete WAV after compression', unless you want to save the WAV files too
    7. Check 'Check for external compression return code'

8. If you want EAC to add ID3 tags check 'Add ID3 tag'
    -In which case you probably want to configure the 'ID3 Tag' section in 'Compression Options'
    -Also, the 'EAC'-->'EAC Options'-->'Directories' tab, and the 'Filename' tab for where you want your mp3's placed and how you want them named...Maybe also 'Character Replacements' if you want EAC to replace certain characters in your tags/files with others
    -If you also want EAC to create an m3u playlist for each disc you can check that in 'Tools'

9. If you want lame.exe to write the ID3 tags instead of EAC, you uncheck 'Add ID3 tag'in 'Compression Options' and configure the 'Additional command line options' with the instructions also included on the 1st page hello_hello linked to
    hi
    thanks a lot for the tutorial!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're welcome.

BTW, rarewares also has flac.exe encoders etc.
    Put NBC's Ed on Blu-ray!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
    You're welcome.

BTW, rarewares also has flac.exe encoders etc.
    hi
    i know , it's the only site i know , and i get the enocder from rarewares
    thanks because i don't know but my antivirus avira barks when i try to download cdex or audiograbber
    and the only alfternative is fre:ac
    thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Have you tried CUETools? It's advertised as an open source alternative to EAC, and configuring it probably has a marginally lower degree of difficulty. CUERipper comes bundled with CUETools.
    I use foobar2000 for ripping myself. It has secure ripping modes.

http://cue.tools/wiki/Main_Page
    http://www.foobar2000.org/

The patents relating to MP3 expired recently so I imagine most software that uses LAME for encoding will bundle it in the future. The foobar2000 encoder pack now includes it. http://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack

If you're downloading cdex or audiograbber from a trusted source, you probably should ignore your antivirus program. I stopped using one years ago because having to make decisions for it due to false positives seemed to defeat it's purpose.
    Quote Quote