VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How do I "remove" the hardcoded subs like the picture below?

Click for bigger version
    Quote Quote  
  2. Looks like delogo filter vor VDub
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've tried 100 times, but I can't get the filter (MSU Subtitle Remover) to work, nothing happens. Could you guys test it?

Here's a video of what I'm doing: http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=218&CID=87029 (opens in WMP etc.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First thing : filters only work in Full processing Mode in virtualdub. If you switch to Direct Stream Copy, you negate any filters you have loaded. Direct Stream Copy is exactly that - a direct copy of the input stream.

Second thing : The lefthand window is the output window and shows you the results of any filters in use. Use htis to see if you filter is working before saving the results. Adjust, check, adjust again if necessary.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    First thing : filters only work in Full processing Mode in virtualdub.
    My file gets 500 MB's bigger than the original when doing that, and it doesn't fix the problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That is two separate issues. Size is down to you. Size = running time X bitrate. You have to configure your encoder correctly to get the size you want.

As for the filter, you will have to play with the settings to make sure you are filtering just where the text is. I don't have anything here to test with at the moment, but from your video you seem to be filtering the whole screen. Try setting the detection area to be closer to the area the subs are in, and try setting the sub-length to be much wider.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I tried to narrow it around largest subtitle area, but no difference. I've tried every possible setting, but nothing happens.

I've uploaded a clip (30 s. long) and I'd appreciate it, if you could give it a try: http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=9113R2E0
    Quote Quote  
  9. *Dump*

*Dumb* / *Bumb*, potato po-tato :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think you meant *bump*

You need to be patient. Many of us live in different countries, have jobs, families and other commitments, and do this gratis. Sometimes this means you have to wait a little while for an answer.

You seem to be right about the MSU Subtitle Remover. I could not get it to do much with your clip either.

I also tried the DeLogo filter with no luck.

FWIW, I have yet to see subtitles removed convincingly, and find the bluring and smearing that is usually left behind more distract than the subtitles. if it were me, I'd just live with it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    FWIW, I have yet to see subtitles removed convincingly, and find the bluring and smearing that is usually left behind more distract than the subtitles. if it were me, I'd just live with it.
    Very True...
    They work better at blurring smaller "watermarks" in unobtrusive places on the vid.
    The Devil`s always.....in the Details!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    You seem to be right about the MSU Subtitle Remover. I could not get it to do much with your clip either.

Alright, thanks for the effort.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger

I have no need to do this, but I have followed the thread and I went to the website for the MSU Subtitle Remover. The stills they have look "too good to be true" in my opinion. Every example I've seen of someone removing a logo has the blurring and smearing that guns1inger mentions. I can't believe that a free tool can really work as well as those photos would indicate. It seems that it doesn't.
    Quote Quote