VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Happy holidays everyone.
    I’m using a Magnavox ZV457MG9 and had a question about recording speeds, which include HQ (1 hour), SP (2 hours), SPP (2.5 hours), LP (3 hours), EP (4 hours), and SLP (6 hours). Does anyone know at which of these speeds the resolution goes from 720x480 to 352x480? The manual doesn’t give information beyond the recording time for each speed.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SPP is full D1 while LP switches to half D1.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. Before I read your reply I recorded a 2.5 hour show at SPP speed. While playing the DVD+RW on my laptop, I was able to pull up the info for the recorded program. The resolution was 352x480. I was surprised.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dawgsfan View Post
    Thanks. Before I read your reply I recorded a 2.5 hour show at SPP speed. While playing the DVD+RW on my laptop, I was able to pull up the info for the recorded program. The resolution was 352x480. I was surprised.
    Well there you have it. Kind of odd as it was kind of a nice thing about the Funai DVDRs, 2 1/2h full D1 resolution. Almost all other DVDRs switched at anything longer than SP, Post '04 Panasonics, Pioneers and old (XS?)Toshibas offhand are the only ones I can think of that gave much more than 2hrs in full D1. Although if I remember correctly you should be able to get slightly more than 2hrs using SP on your Magnavox, just short of 2h 10m if it's like others.
    Quote Quote