VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know this is off-topic for this site. But someone might know. I have been trying to find a replacement for the Firefox plugin DownThemAll to grab pictures from Tumblr. In Tumblr, sometimes there is a sequence of related pictures that opens in a new sort of pop up window. DownThemAll used to let me right click and grab all those pictures at once to a new separate directory. I do not want a tool that will grab a whole forum. I prefer a Firefox plugin.

Note: I am only interested in a tool to grab the sequence of pictures. No videos.

Ideas?
    Last edited by ChasVideo; 27th Sep 2018 at 12:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    it has delay not sure it will be released because of FF quantum policy. But there is extension you can try https://addons.mozilla.org/cs/firefox/addon/simple-mass-downloader/
    I didn't test it. Because each extension need almost everything. To have access on your computer I mean. So not sure if is it safe or not. But very close to DTA.
    Or download ESR FF version, but there are other drawback.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. What is wrong with DTA? Why you can't use DTA - from your description seem to be good tool.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Pandy,
    it is working but not for firefox quantum version. It is delayed. Author has more plugins and it is not his full time job. So it is not compatible with firefox after v58? Now is version 60+. So drawback using ESR version is some security issues etc.
    OP can also support author to be released sooner.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Aaah, ok i see, i've had problem with DTA on different browser (PaleMoon) but i solved issue by using https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/checkcompatibility/ .

Alternatively OP may use portable browser (FF or compatible with DTA) and DTA to download pictures as before... this may work until DTA will be able to work with FF 60+
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Btw, ff sneaker users. They are loosing my trust in them. But what can be good alternative? Not chrome, google let in their store plugin for mega.nz which was malicious addon, noone explained how this happened. Vivaldi is also chrome. None to fully trust.

EDIT : Not sure compatibility check solving this. Because Quantum addons has to be written from scratch. Completly different approach. Very limited developing addons.
    Last edited by Bernix; 27th Sep 2018 at 14:49. Reason: Edit
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the ideas. Never thought about using a portable version of FF. But Tumblr will not allow the old version to work. I can not see anything newer than April 2017. Strange.

Simple mass downloader works but it selects too many. It is too 'simple'
    Last edited by ChasVideo; 27th Sep 2018 at 16:27.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Any update on this ? I used to use DownThemAll, I've since installed DownloadStar but it's not nearly as convenient or versatile as DTA used to be...
    Perhaps JDownloader could do what you want ? It's a full-fledged software as opposed to a browser extension, but it usually works well with many websites. There's a JDownloader browser extension but I've never tried it, and don't know if it still works with the current version of FF.
    Last edited by abolibibelot; 29th Oct 2018 at 13:33.
    Quote Quote