VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I'm looking for a software that is capable of automatically zoom in on a person and pans as he moves around in the video. Is there any out of there, I've been googling various terms with no luck. Help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Palmer-Smith
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Adobe After Effects. But you'll have to set the zoom and pan speed yourself.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Understand that AE doesn't "know" that it's a PERSON, it just sees the control points that you MANUALLY supply (to surround/pin/tag/annotate what you consider to be important, in this case a person), and tries to track those luma/chroma variations/borders/edges throughout their motion range (adjusting the control points and/or the viewport all the while). And it can only work well when your source footage is decently enough shot to provide the resolution & contrast (aka unique pixels/pixel groups) necessary to maintain the app's understanding of those variations/borders/edges, and when you are also painstaking with your setting of the control points.
    So, GIGO.
    (And if this is the first time you've ever considered needing this feature, you're fighting a major uphill battle).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the details, Cornucopia. As for "automatic", it's mostly manual setup as you say. The software does the rest, if it can.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the OP is referring to a security camera application, these systems are starting to come online. Not sure about reliability though.
    Would be interesting to see if there is an artistic use for this.

There was a '60 minutes' broadcast a couple or three years ago on how Walmart was experimenting with a system like this
    for use in security and analysis of shoppers buying habits.

Just did a Google search for 'security camera tracking systems' and 'security camera tracking software' and got a lot of results, if this
    is what you mean.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Aviutl can also track an object or person, but you'll need to zoom manually, but it's free.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Sighthound Video.. Its a Surveillance Software that tracks Object, People, Car, etc.. Its has an innovative technology that differentiates between a Person or a Cat.. Has a free but limited demo with only 1 cam support..
    Quote Quote  
  8. It is possible, and even for real-time processing (a lot of universities have active research on this topic), just hire a programmer and use OpenCV to make such a software.
    Your mileage will vary according to image quality and background complexity.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote