VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, for about a month i searched in google and many forums like here but i couldnt resolve my problem. i want to add (mkv, ac3, dts) in Premiere Pro but i got this message that the file format not supported ... until now i am doing this way: first i'll extract the .h264 and the audio (ac3 or dts) file from mkv with eac3to, then convert the audio in aac 6 ch (didnt actully work because at the end i got 2 ch audio), then with mp4box i mux both in mp4, this mp4 is addable in Premiere Pro , this process will take about 5 to 12 minute

i need a faster way. thanks
    Last edited by m00511; 28th Jan 2020 at 04:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. Premiere 2020 dropped mkv support.
    Not a commercial movie editing file standard, so no need to support that for their target market - professional filmmakers.
    You'd have to use a 2018/2019 version.

2. Dts
    Ditto. Dropped. Need to use a 2018 or earlier version.
    Mostly because it was used for bluray burning, but that and bluray have been dropped.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Handbrake, ffmpeg, etc can all covert to a more compatible mp4/aac format.

Or, simply extract the video track as is to mp4, Download EAC3to (free download) and convert the DTS to mono WAV files, then combine all inn the editor.

Also, forget Avid, Davinci, etc. These professional video editing programs don't mess with silly consumer video format hacks.
    Quote Quote