VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Our church purchased a new samsung spd300b dlp projector and at the same time a member contributed a used toshiba satellite L300 laptop computer to project powerpoint presentations. We are having two issues:

1. When we first turn everything on the projector displays a message saying "mode not compatible". After using the fn + f5 key to change the monitor output it worked. But then when I used the projector's remote control to switch to video and then back to pc I got the same error message. After using the fn + f5 key again it worked again. ( once it displayed the same message after a period of time I believe it might have fixed itself). When we hooked up another computer it seemed to work fine)

2. When they installed the new projector it was to replace an old projector, but now the picture only fills the screen about 60 percent. After going into the projector's menu system I could only find a normal mode and a widescreen mode. There were a zoom 1 and zoom 2 mode but I could not choose them. Is this because we are hooking up the projector to the PC's rgb monitor output? The manual to the projector has not helped.

Thanks for any suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does the projector have a VGA input? It may work better for you, at least from the laptop. I've used 30 foot VGA cables with no problems if the distance between the devices is a issue.

Others here may be more familiar with that particular projector.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I will look into that
    Quote Quote