VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Recently I got a very small computer (minus the hdd) from an independent computer shop. They toss (recycle) them, & let me go through the 'pile'. I wanted the case for a (micro?) mobo I want to setup as exclusivly for watching dvds, (*.iso images), that have only CC's not subtitles. I have 'WinDVD' which shows CC's.
    Anyways, this small comp is way too small for my (gigabyte a1m1) mobo. Before tossing it I put a "Mint" disk in & plugged in an old hdd. Got 'press any key to boot from cd: Pressed any key(!) & Win XP started up, all the way! I dont know which of my comps it came from. Got the new hardware need drivers etc. This lil comp happens to be an Intel Atom mobo computer. Found the very detailed pdf from intel & drivers DL page. Amazon sells this mobo for ± $180.00! The comp has heat resistant 2 gig ram, no cpu cooling fan, a 250 W psu. Comp has one PCI slot (full size). The original hdd was a WD 3.5" 0.55a @ 5v & 0.5a # 12 v.
    Mine is a 2.5" 0.55a @ 5v. Movies would be on a WD 2.5 USB connection. Comp has a vga plug for monitor.
    Is there a relativly cheap PCI -> hdmi card with XP drivers out there, I could use? VGA would be ok but hdmi would easily connect to my AVR (with 6 hdmi inputs). All I want it for is to watch movies with CC only. "My hearing is bad bad bad!"

-corne-
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post
    Is there a relativly cheap PCI -> hdmi card with XP drivers out there, I could use? VGA would be ok but hdmi would easily connect to my AVR (with 6 hdmi inputs). All I want it for is to watch movies with CC only. "My hearing is bad bad bad!"
    Technically you could use any WinXP-compatible PCI GPU that has DVI output, if you don't mind routing audio separately.

Slap on a passive DVI → HDMI port adapter or use a DVI to HDMI adapter cable and you're good to go.
    Quote Quote