VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

I've recently purchased an LG 49" TV, and have found the built in media player to be surprisingly good.
    The only frustration I have at the moment, is that when browsing files through the DNLA server I am using (built in to the media player on my PC) I only see episode titles. This is frustrating when I don't know what order they are meant to be in. The filenames are all in the format SxxExx but it's ignoring that.
    Is there any way to get the TV to display the files using the filename as opposed to (what I assume to be) the meta data?

Thanks
    Nick
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not as far as I know. I remember in the past I had to delete the metadata from the file -
    then it will use the file name
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Not as far as I know. I remember in the past I had to delete the metadata from the file -
    OK thanks. Is there a quick way to do that? I have hundreds of files! I suppose alternatively I could try to edit the meta data to include SxxExx at the start of the title?
    Not sure how I'd go about doing that though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nick1977 View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    OK thanks. Is there a quick way to do that? I have hundreds of files! I suppose alternatively I could try to edit the meta data to include SxxExx at the start of the title?
    Not sure how I'd go about doing that though.
    It may depend on the file extension and your version of Windows. Seems to work for mp4 in Windows 8.1.
    Select all the files in Windows Explorer (same folder). Right click/properties/details.
    Select "remove properties and personal information", then see the second window as below:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	prop.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	50999  

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MP3tag (haven't tried it) has high ratings here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Mp3tag/reviews I seems to be able to add metadata info as a batch.

I used the technique posted above to strip the metadata from multiple files at once in Win 7 and Win 10.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys. The majority of files are mkv, but I'll look into both those options.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ffmpeg can remove metadata:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i original.mkv -c copy -map_metadata -1 new.mkv
    In a batch file to remove metadata from all MKV files in a folder:

Code:
    for %%F in (*.mkv) do ffmpeg.exe -i "%%F" -c copy -map_metadata -1 "%%~dpnF.cleaned.mkv"
    change all the "mkv" to "mp4" to do the same for all mp4 files.
    Quote Quote