VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    I just released a new version 1.18 to tackle the problem with some VRTNU links (a.o).
    I added the option "Native" to prefer native youtube-dl download over ffmpeg download.
    If nothing else works, try "Worst" format and uncheck all other options (you may have to rename file extension .m3u8 to .mp4 after download)
    Goto first post of this thread to download version 1.18.

Last edited by xplorr; 30th Dec 2018 at 13:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If nothing else works, try "Worst" format and uncheck all other options (you may have to rename file extension .m3u8 to .mp4 after download)
    Last edited by xplorr; 1st Jan 2019 at 07:31.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Finally it works ... As mentioned, all is checked out, except worst ...
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi,

Thank you very much for your hard work. I have a trouble with downloading this video from VRT NU.
    => https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/apollo-8--the-mission-that-changed-the-world/2018/apollo-...e-world-s2018/

Can you check this ? I've filled in my credentials but I get this message: "Invalid data found when processing".

Thanks,
    Have a great day!

BertG3
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay, indeed everything checked out, except worst helped. Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello to all, I hope someone can help me with the following issue. I'm using youtube-dl but the download speed is extremely slow, in comparison to last week. Does anyone have an idea what the cause could be?
    Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello, thanks for your efforts.
    Unfortunately, no video works anymore on vrtnu, even with 1.18 and your trick of Worst setting.
    He starts, and after a few seconds says ffmpeg exited with code 1, permission denied to the m3u file.
    Could you check?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by freddykgb View Post
    Hello, thanks for your efforts.
    Unfortunately, no video works anymore on vrtnu, even with 1.18 and your trick of Worst setting.
    He starts, and after a few seconds says ffmpeg exited with code 1, permission denied to the m3u file.
    Could you check?
    Thanks
    Some VRT video's use DRM; TVDownloader/youtube-dl does not support DRM protected video's.
    TVDownloader can still download non-DRM protected VRT video's, sometimes you need to use the "worst" method described above.
    ps. if you mention a problem, please specify the url, so we can have a look. General statements are not easy to verify.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi,

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this solution has already been posted. If so, sorry for the double posting... .

When you download from VRTNu and you get following error : "Invalid data found when processing input" you might still be able to download it easily. As long as it is not DRM protected of course. I do regularly get this error while it is not DRM protected.

Example :

1) link https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/de-mooiste-sprookjes-van-grimm/1/de-mooiste-sprookjes-van...adsmuzikanten/ gives error "Invalid data found when processing input". At least it did when I tried.

2) in your Firefox browser, press F12 to open the developers' options (same in Chrome I think).

3) launch the video a few seconds and stop it.

4) copy following URL : (see VRT NU.png screenshot, cannot get the image pasted inline here...).

result1 : https://ondemand-vrt.akamaized.net/content/vod/vid-65ea49a8-14d1-4233-831e-5d02909ff24..._nld=1000.m3u8

Clearly, it is not DRM protected (take the whole URL and you'll see 'nodrm' in it. If you see 'drm' instead, you will not be able to download it whatsoever.

Change the URL by looking for ".ism/". Clear everything that is behind that part and replace it with ".mpd" :

result2: https://ondemand-vrt.akamaized.net/content/vod/vid-65ea49a8-14d1-4233-831e-5d02909ff24...897bd.ism/.mpd

5) Enter the URL you got in result2 into TVDownloader. Done! (no need to change settings to 'worse' or whatever).

Enjoy!

MataMax
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VRT NU.png
Views:	402
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	48033  

Last edited by MataMax; 9th Feb 2019 at 14:54. Reason: forgot attachment
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Downloads from npostart.nl are not possible anymore using latest TVDownloader and latest youtube-dl 01-03-2019

[npo] POW_04059362: Downloading token
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading player JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading hls profile JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading dash-widevine profile JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading MPD manifest
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading dash-playready profile JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading MPD manifest
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading smooth profile JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading ISM manifest
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading JSON metadata
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading token
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading formats JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading Adaptive stream JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading Hoog stream JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading Normaal stream JSON
    [npo] POW_04059362: Downloading Laag stream JSON
    ERROR: No video formats found; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type youtube-dl -U to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.
    Press any key to continue . . .
    Quote Quote  
  11. Stream encrypted.
    Quote Quote  
  12. This program is amazing. I was trying to find something that would work for downloading videos from discovery channel's platform. TubeDigger came close, but it did wierd things. It somehow downloaded the commercials, but then wrote the file so you never saw them. My set top top media box didn't like that. If I tried to remux it then the commercial audio would mess up the video audio.

This program does it flawlessly and it's freeware. Wish I'd found it first
    Quote Quote  
  13. EdwinBon
    Glad to hear that! I will try this software
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by zod5000 View Post
    This program is amazing. I was trying to find something that would work for downloading videos from discovery channel's platform. TubeDigger came close, but it did wierd things. It somehow downloaded the commercials, but then wrote the file so you never saw them. My set top top media box didn't like that. If I tried to remux it then the commercial audio would mess up the video audio.

This program does it flawlessly and it's freeware. Wish I'd found it first
    Thx! This kind of comment stimulates me to continue.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks for this tool, absolutely great work!!

One bug I found on first use: if you enter a password with an '&' in it, the command will fail. This is probably due to the fact that with '&' you separate the commandline options you send to youtube-dl.exe:

Code:
    Usage: youtube-dl.exe [OPTIONS] URL [URL...]

youtube-dl.exe: error: You must provide at least one URL.
    Type youtube-dl --help to see a list of all options.
    'aLmQYiUqn' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Press any key to continue . . .
    ('aLmQYiUqn' is the part of my password that comes after the '&')

After updating my password, removing the ampersand, it worked flawlessly. Great program!
    Last edited by c_kick; 11th Mar 2019 at 15:31. Reason: Clarification
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have to check on that
    Quote Quote  
  17. Another scenario for you to look into: I was trying to download from vrt.be, using my registered user+pass, over a VPN connection (Windows L2TP client, so not just a proxy for the browser). I could play the video in the browser, no problem at all (VRT apparently skips the phone-verification when it thinks you are playing from within Belgium).

However, using the same link in TVDownloader I received the following error:

Code:
    [VrtNU] Logging in
    [VrtNU] Requesting a token
    [VrtNU] nikita-khrushchev---the-red-tsar: Downloading webpage
    [VrtNU] nikita-khrushchev---the-red-tsar: Downloading JSON metadata
    [Canvas] Downloading JSON metadata
    [Canvas] pbs-pub-bbd5815a-b3d7-44d7-9e53-f6730db9dcb0$vid-5491cd1b-f7d0-473f-b693-e99497638e80: Downloading JSON metadata
    [Canvas] pbs-pub-bbd5815a-b3d7-44d7-9e53-f6730db9dcb0$vid-5491cd1b-f7d0-473f-b693-e99497638e80: Downloading m3u8 information
    [download] C:\Users\username\Downloads\Nikita Khrushchev - the red tsar.mpd has already been downloaded
    [download] 100% of 40.70KiB
    [ffmpeg] Adding metadata to 'C:\Users\username\Downloads\Nikita Khrushchev - the red tsar.mpd'
    ERROR: file:C:\Users\username\Downloads\Nikita Khrushchev - the red tsar.mpd: Invalid data found when processing input
    (Note: I have edited out my username)

I have attached the resulting .mpd file in a zip.

The link to the video: https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/nikita-khrushchev---the-red-tsar/2017/nikita-khrushchev---the-red-tsar/

If you need me to do any more testing, let me know, and keep up the great work!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try "Worst" option and uncheck all other options. This will try downloading individual chunks through ffmpeg iso youtube-dl. (see above)
    Let me know if it worked for you.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Yep, that did the trick, great, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I released a new version 1.18.1 to fix youtube.com
    Also newest youtube-dl extractors+engine is included with custom extractors for dutch tv.
    Goto first post of this thread to download version 1.18.1

Quote Quote  
  21. Greetings!
    I simply love your little app, and have been using it for a little while now with Tubi.tv. It works brilliantly. Thank you.

I do have a question, is it possible to setup a list of URLs to read that would just download in order?
    For instance, going to the URL for Season 2 of the TV series "The Avengers" I get the option to watch all episodes as I click on them.
    I currently have to wait for the first one to download, click the next episode, copy and paste the URL and start the download. Then wait and repeat.
    is there an option to do what I want?
    Not a big deal if there is not, just always looking for ways to automate things.

Many thanks for your efforts, coffee coming your way!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hello,

Is it possible that we can't login to VRTNU anymore ? I get the following error message:

ERROR: Unable to log in: <urlopen error [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed> (caused by URLError(gaierror(11004, 'getaddrinfo failed'),))

Thanks for your answer !
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Still working here
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your continuing development on this very handy tool. Sending another coffee your way, which was overdue.

I often go through my roster of video download apps, because in given cases some won't succeed, but one of them will. And it's always good to have options. A case in point was for what should have been a fairly standard item: the videos @ IMDB. (Maybe the technical rules on those have been changing, as with YouTube ?) The previous installed version of TVDL on this computer until the other day was v. 1.16. Along with a few other download apps, that version whiffed on sample IMDB videos. (You are in Europe, so that's baseball parlance for a strikeout.) I updated TVDL to v. 1.18.1 and suddenly it works for those videos, which is great !
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Seeker47, Great to hear that!
    Quote Quote  
  26. I get the 400 error
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by killer30 View Post
    This is apparently DRM protected. Tried 4 of my d/l apps., got that error or one like it --

"This content is not currently available for viewing in your browser."

-- either that or a "site not supported."
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Originally Posted by killer30 View Post
    This is apparently DRM protected. Tried 4 of my d/l apps., got that error or one like it --
    Widevine protected,so CURL will download the file,but it will be encrypted and unviewable (black image,no sound)
    Quote Quote