Thread
  1. Im having a couple of problems with my tv tuner card

Here are my specs:

WinTV GO tv tuner/capture card
    WinTV 2000
    320 x 240
    NTSC

Here are the problems:

When I watch TV on my computer there are horizontal white lines that flash on the screen. I recorded a sample which you can find but going to this ftp site posted below.

The second problem is that the tv screen is "interlacing". I took a picture of it and you can get it at the ftp below also. Please download the clip and picture. It will really explain what I'm trying to say

-----------------------------------------------------
    port 21
    No login or password
    then go to the folder called "bal85"
    ----------------------------------------------------

When I make the pictures small there is no interlacing but when i try to make the picture larger the interlacing just gets worst. I use VirtualDUB and tried all the steps of Lukes guide. Doesnt help at all. Maybe im doing something wrong. I have no clue. If anyone can help me solver this problems there is a cash reward.

Thanks

bal85@home.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I have the same card here in the UK. I record Pal. Works fine. Do you have the TV signal coming out of some other device like a VCR or something ?

I'm wondering if you are getting interference from another signal source. Also have you fine tuned each channel to see if that improves the picture.

I downloaded your picture and film, the film looks like its getting interference from somewhere.
    Don't know what's happening with the picture.

I can only select PALBGHIDK as the signal source, can you select anything different to the NTSC?

I have my signal coming from the VCR. but there is an inline amplifier and that usually gives a better picture

I Took a look at your capture, it says 320 x 240, 466 Frames, 29.970 Frames/Sec, 154 KB/Sec, Unknown Format

I had to load it into Vdub to play it "Unknown Format" ???? Vids AP41 ?? What codec is that ???

I select Divx as the compression, saves it with no loss of frames then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i'm a uk guy with a wintv Go card, i have found i have to capture video through windows 98 becasue windows 2000 has to much slow down, i gave my pc more ram but i haven't tried it since. okay, down to business. i have just developed a problem, i don't know why, i upgraded my pc and it's just started. wavey sodding lines all across the picture, blue and yellow and grenn, starting at the bottom right corner and going all the way up to the top left corner. i'm using a photo cable for composite input from my vcr. i've tried different cables, gold contacts, moving my vcr, my pc is sealed up tighter than a whales ass. i can't figure it out, please help. someone, anyone.

Vince.

before it sucked : http://www.geocities.com/vinpire2/before.jpg

now : http://www.geocities.com/vinpire2/now1.jpg
    and again : http://www.geocities.com/vinpire2/now2.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vinpire on 2001-08-22 17:34:31 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  4. stupid geocities. they suck. you will need to download those jpgs because geocities have blocked anyone linking to there files from a page other than one on geocities itself, by the way, if you need me to post specs / mpeg files of the problem, let me know. vinpire@yahoo.com

Vince.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Geocities cant block a proxy

Anyway, I had a look at those pictures, it looks like you have a weak signal. I have seen that on channel 5 at times. Cables wont make a lot of difference (In short length)I use some old 50ohm x-cb stuff and it works 100%. Same coax used on my 3 pc LAN. - well I had rolls of it left over.

Ok its best to use the right stuff, but heck if it works ok then use it.. Anyway do you have the vid signal going anywhere else besides your PC ?

If its only just started since you upgraded your machine maybe that's just a coincidence. Maybe one of those Maplin Vid copiers will cure it once and for all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i have a thousand and one things coming from the same signal. well, okay, four. the main aerial is connected to a booster, that signal is then split and sent to 2 video players, one is connected to the tv set, the other to the pc. i can't see that this would make much difference because the problem is also affecting video tapes that aren't recorded at my house. they look perfect on my tv but when put through my pc they go all sucky (for want of a better description) the video player i am using is connected to my pc using a phono to scart cable, scart at the video end, phono to my wintv go card. i have also noticed recently, yesterday in fact, that the output from my creative dvd card produces the same effect on my video tapes. i can only put this down to the fact that my pc has been upgraded, i'm a poor student, and it's gonna cost a lot of money that i don't have for me to sort this out. the upgrade was free so i'm not complaining that much

thanks for trying to help.

Vince.

p.s. those video copiers from maplin cost £50! they may be worth it but i'm poor. (sobs)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well that's my point all those signals are getting into your pc via the lead. Try an experiment, switch everything off and have the video into the pc with no other connections.

Even though you are using AV as a source there is enough RF around you to set up your own TV station, I bet someone near by is watching your movies
    Quote Quote  
  8. Please help with WinTV GO! FM-radio card, when I see the TV in my PC in 640 x 480 resolution, works good, my PC is PIII 500 Mhz 312Mb RAM mainboard PC CHIPS 748 with 8 Mb Video memory included shared of ram.
    When I capture in this resolution, some frames be lost (44%~frames) and interlaced video results.
    I accept this but i capture in 320 x 240 or <, capture without interlaced video but, lost some frames with mjpeg codec, if i use divx codec, lost 3%~ of frames. My questions are, I have a poor motherboard?, I have a bad proccesor?, I have a bad capture card?, I only can capture a 320x240 (or &lt video without problems?.
    please help

if you speak spanish, better. I'm from Ecuador.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you use an MJPEG codec, you should be able capture in 640x480 in YUY2 without dropping frames. You need to have a reasonably fast hard drive with DMA enabled.

What software are you using for video capture? I recommend using AVI_IO:
    http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/

Also make sure you have the latest VFW capture drivers from Hauppauge:
    http://www.hauppauge.com/html/sw_wcst.htm

Yo puedo hablar espanol (un poco), pero tu probablemente sabes ingles mejor que yo se espanol.
    Dime si algo no esta claro.

-Cart
    http://www.geocities.com/lukesvideo/index.html
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-26 19:19:58, hp wrote:
    Please help with WinTV GO! FM-radio card, when I see the TV in my PC in 640 x 480 resolution, works good, my PC is PIII 500 Mhz 312Mb RAM mainboard PC CHIPS 748 with 8 Mb Video memory included shared of ram.
    When I capture in this resolution, some frames be lost (44%~frames) and interlaced video results.
    I accept this but i capture in 320 x 240 or <, capture without interlaced video but, lost some frames with mjpeg codec, if i use divx codec, lost 3%~ of frames. My questions are, I have a poor motherboard?, I have a bad proccesor?, I have a bad capture card?, I only can capture a 320x240 (or < video without problems?.
    please help

if you speak spanish, better. I'm from Ecuador.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yo puedo traducir si usted desea

Cuando usted selecciona el archivo para ahorrar

1 archivo
    2 videa compression
    3 Seleccione DivX codec, en su lista

entienda ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hola

Yo no lo vi , 3% son buenos.

¿quizá su unidad de disco duro es lenta?

saludos, John
    Quote Quote