VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone,

I have been using ATI HD4850 for gaming and Pixelview Tv Tuner card for capturing, yesterday my ATI card died and my capture card is giving me problems of digital signature of Windows 7.

I am thinking of getting a good graphic card with TV Tuner option to get both jobs done by one card, i use capture card occasionally just to capture images from some news channels nothing else but gaming is what i do a lot so it should be capable of running high end games.

Any suggestions ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm moving you to our capturing section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The product you want doesn't exist today. All the products that had the abilities you are looking for are now discontinued.

ATI made a number of video cards dubbed the "All In Wonder" series that had the abilities you seek, although because of their age, they probably wont allow you play modern games. The better ones with integrated capture and TV tuning had an AGP interface, which won't work with a modern motherboard, and there are no Windows 7-compatible drivers for them. If I recall correctly, only the final product in the series had Windows 7 compatible drivers, and a PCI-e interface, but it is not what you are looking for. The final video card in the series relied upon a separate ATI TV card for TV tuning and capture.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 17th Aug 2012 at 10:09.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I thought I read just a few days ago that AMD was introducing a new AIW card. I can't find a reference now though. Still, I'd recommend separate devices for flexibility.
    Quote Quote