VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

Been using NeoScene for years now, and loving it. However, I'm slowly ready to write my own offloading system and still didn't find a solution for encoding from MOV to NeoScene avi using the command-line. I know NeoScene doesn't provide command-line switches, but I though maybe a trick using avisynth or virtualdub would do the trick.

I was wondering about FFDSHOW? Since it uses all the installed codecs on your system, could that be used somehow in a batch/command-line script? As NeoScene is being listed in VDub as a codec - and can be used to convert, there surely must be a way to do a conversion behind the scenes using any of these tools, not?

Any ideas, pointers or tricks you know of?

Greets,
    Frank
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using avisynth and ffdshow will allow you to use the command line interface to virtualdub (vdub.exe) to transcode your mov files to Cineform avi files.

You will have to create a syl script for virtualdub that will set the correct codec settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is no way to keep virtualdub out of the loop? Creating a syl script is not the worst thing, but it would be considerably easier to do it with a normal command-line tool.

Isn't there any command-line tool that can load the system-installed codecs and convert using them?

Ffmpeg only uses the internal ones, but it would be much nicer to have it done using the system-installed codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a program called avs2avi (google it) that used code from virtualdub that will load and save codec configuration to a text file (you load the file as a parameter on the command line) and encode the output of the avisynth script to your codec. It will note encode sound so you will have to do that separately and mux them together with another program.

Actually, the virtualdub command line way is very easy to use. First set your audio and video compression parameters in virtualdub and save the processing settings to a file. This file is your syl script. Run vdub.exe /min /s "codecparam.vdscript" /p "input.avs" "output.avi" /r /x
    Quote Quote  
  5. The problem I just found with VDub is that it doesn't open my MOV file, not even through Avisynth
    Quote Quote  
  6. Khaver, thanks for the command-line explanation for VDub, works perfectly now
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have been working on something similar; I prefer to open my files in parallel (many instances of virtualdub) vice in a single virtualdub using a job queue. I think my batch file should speed things up for you...

---copy below to text file, rename to .bat---
    Set Mfps=23.976
    Set Bpath="E:\- Video Extractions\Virtualdub\1920x1280 (23.976fps pure,93%%,MPEG2,deinterlaced)auto openNsave.vcf"
    rem Set Bpath="E:\- Video Extractions\Virtualdub\852x480 DAR3 (16x9) (24fps,96%%,MPEG2,deinterlaced).vcf"
    Set Vdpath="E:\- Video Extractions\Virtualdub\VirtualDub-1.8.8\"
    Set Svpath="D:\"

for %%A in (*.mkv *.avi *.mpg *.mpeg *.m2ts *.vob) do >%%~nA.avs echo # M2ts file & >>%%~nA.avs echo SetMemoryMax(128) & >>%%~nA.avs echo DirectShowSource("%%~dA%%~pA%%~nA%%~xA", fps=%Mfps%, audio=true, seekzero = true, convertfps=true) & >>%%~nA.avs echo EnsureVBRMP3Sync() & start /d %Vdpath% VirtualDub.exe /i %Bpath% "%%~dA%%~pA%%~nA.avs" "%Svpath%%%~nA.avi"

rem ---Notes---
    rem code requires: Avisynth, virtualdub, pre-existing (.vcf) config file
    rem most people prefer to use virtualdub with jobs in queue; run them in sequence. This runs jobs in parallel by searching the directory of the script, finding all listed wildcard masked files below, generating a simple avisynth script file for each file, then opening virtualdub and autosaving the video to .avi
    rem caution, this will stress your system. you may only be able to handle 1 file at a time. I can input 30 blueray .m2ts files just fine, so long as i set vdub process to idle or low. Modify the code to your hearts content ~ TigerWild

rem create a unique .vcf that you will use with this batch file only. Do this by running Virtualdub, opening a video file, configuring all your settings as you want them, then selecting File->save processing settings->.vcf
    rem use a text editor to open the vcf file you made, and add these 2 lines: VirtualDub.Open(VirtualDub.params[0]); VirtualDub.SaveAVI(VirtualDub.params[1]);

rem ---References---
    rem http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8749637...-into-variables
    rem http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-152842.html with a nod to stax76
    Quote Quote