VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Panasonic HDC TM-90 Camcorder that at its highest setting, records at 1920x1080p 59fps. Is there any media player out there that plays this video perfectly? I have a PS3 and a Samsung LCD HDTV that is 2 yrs. old.
    James
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A htpc?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it'd be more a hardware than a software issue ...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Exactly, it would be hardware. That is why I am asking what Media player (Hardware) would play my M2ts 1920x1080p 59fps video.
    James
    Quote Quote  
  5. I am not sure that you understand what I try to say in the other thread, maybe my fault,

if you load your 60p clips into video editor , move them onto Vegas' timeline, shuffle clips around, maybe put some title to it, etc. and then you export the whole timeline as 60p also. You get mp4 container. You choose enough bitrate VBR 2 pass or CBR (encoder within Vegas doesn't offer CRF mode).
    That file WDTV Live will play back. If not you just use mkvmerge and mux it into mkv. The thing is that you tested some 60p m2ts or mts file.

It really makes difference here, some camcorder generated transport stream mts or more regular mpeg4-avc wrapped up in mp4 or mkv.

So you ask for hardware player that would play 60p but you perhaps already had that player and get rid of it. Not sure what WD model you actually had.

But saying this there is another possible way also, nowadays there is AVCHD 2.0 out there, AVCHD that supports 60p, new BD players will play it. But I am at lost what to get to encode it into this format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I could always buy another WDTV Live player and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Search the net for other people that have that camera & know how to play it. I think that I recall a forum on it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jbitakis View Post
    Exactly, it would be hardware. That is why I am asking what Media player (Hardware) would play my M2ts 1920x1080p 59fps video.
    James
    To guarantee 'proper' playback of these files (as opposed to media players that 'might' play them OK?) you need a player that includes a processing chip that can deal with H.264 files @level 4.2

Keep an eye out for mediaplayers using the new Sigma 891* chip. Should be some released this fall...

This site seems to keep up pretty well with what's going on.. http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php

This should do what you want: http://www.iboum.com/pr/pha400.php
    Last edited by pippas; 18th Nov 2012 at 12:50. Reason: extra info
    Quote Quote