VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can you tell me, if you use the av leads, do you have to turn the drive off then back everytime you start it up?

I do on mine, i contacted the place where i got it and they said because im not using is through hd and through av, the drive had to be restarted everytime so it will revert to av, but it seems silly that i have to turn it off then on everytime.

i will quote before what their email reply was:

'Hi James

This is normal as its checking to see if you are using HDMI or AV leads.'

i replied and said ok, but they said they will find out from sumvision if there is a way around it but they dont seem to be getting back to me, does anyone here know, i cant see that it would be good for the player to be turning it on, then off then on again everytime i want to use it.

james
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JamesUK
    can you tell me, if you use the av leads, do you have to turn the drive off then back everytime you start it up?

I do on mine, i contacted the place where i got it and they said because im not using is through hd and through av, the drive had to be restarted everytime so it will revert to av, but it seems silly that i have to turn it off then on everytime.

i will quote before what their email reply was:

'Hi James

This is normal as its checking to see if you are using HDMI or AV leads.'

i replied and said ok, but they said they will find out from sumvision if there is a way around it but they dont seem to be getting back to me, does anyone here know, i cant see that it would be good for the player to be turning it on, then off then on again everytime i want to use it.

james
    Maybe just leave it on, how much power can it consume sitting idle?

I have couple of components that I never turn off and it doesn't hurt them

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote