VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I record anything on a DVD-RAM on my Toshiba R2 and then place the disc into my PC which has a DVD-Ram compatible drive, I am able to see the .VRO file BUT I can't copy it to myPC's hard drive. Nor can I open the .VRO file with VirtualDUB or anyother app.

I get the error "CANNOT cop VR_MOVIE. Access is denied. Make sure the disk or file is not full or write protected"

Any ideas ?

Also any recordings on a DVD-R or -RW are in DVD compatible mode and not in a .VRO mode. -R or -RW files seem file. But can I record .VRO mode on a -R or -RW. I've scoured the manual and found nothing.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try downloading the free trial version of Cyberlink PowerProducer Gold. It has a plug-in or .dll file or something that will allow your computer software to access the VRO's.

However, you would be better off recording in DVD-Video format on -RW's instead.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your reply. I searched the forums here and I say some referencing Ahead's InCD being installed. So I unlocked my DISC being accessed by InCD. This then made that directory disappear. Now I don't see the VR_MOVIE folder. I only see folders TS_MANGR and TS_THMNL.

Uninstalling InCD has the same results as when I unlocked the drive.

Any ideas ? My DVD burner in my PC is a LG 8162B

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by gshelley61
    Try downloading the free trial version of Cyberlink PowerProducer Gold. It has a plug-in or .dll file or something that will allow your computer software to access the VRO's.

However, you would be better off recording in DVD-Video format on -RW's instead.
    I have Cyberlink ver 2 Gold installed. I downloaded the latest patch and I'm still having the same problem. Do I need to re-install InCD ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kenmo
    Originally Posted by gshelley61
    Try downloading the free trial version of Cyberlink PowerProducer Gold. It has a plug-in or .dll file or something that will allow your computer software to access the VRO's.

I have Cyberlink ver 2 Gold installed. I downloaded the latest patch and I'm still having the same problem. Do I need to re-install InCD ?

Thanks
    My OS is Windows 2000.

I have a LG dvd burner too.

What I did was uninstall the B's Clip5 software for CDs and install the free Nero InCD Reader. They conflict with each other.

B's Clip 5 software I had does not read UDF 2.0 files and the VRO files created by my JVC DM-R10 are UDF 2.0.

If I had upgraded to B's Clip 6, then I wouldn't have needed the Nero InCD Reader.

Once I did that, Cyberlink Power Producer was able to see the VRO files.

I later found that I was able to pull the VRO files into TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5.

It is possible to record in .VRO mode on -RW on the JVC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Re-installed InCD and Cyberlink informs me I can't copy the .VRO files or read them. It's like they are flagged with a funky attribute. In Novell their is atributes have a rename inhibit and delete inhibit.

Any ideas anyone...???
    Quote Quote  
  7. For now I'm using -RW's.

I was surprised to find out that about 4 burnt +R discs would not load on this recorder.

I tried Kodak +R, Memorex +R, BenQ +R and Maxell +R.

-RW Memorex 1x & 2x, Verbatim 1x and Pioneer 2x work well. I have yet to see x4 -RW media in Nova Scotia. All kinds of 4x +RW media though.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Downloaded and installed the demo of VideoReDo and it sees the contents of the folder but gives me the error message 'unable to open VR_MOVIE.VRO'...

Any suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  9. Do you have the RAM drivers installed? I think you need to install drivers with 2000.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm using Windows XP and I installed the RAM drivers that shipped with my burner...

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Are all the recordings on the disc the same speed and resolution? I've had trouble with RAM discs done with different record speeds in TMPGEnc.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Only one recording on the ram disc. My pc sees the files but will not copy or open them as I get a file access error.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I've been working with RAM discs all day, they work for me. I had problems with stuff like that with XP SP2, but not since I went back to SP1.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Just had to reboot my computer. On a whim I tried once again Cyberlinks Power Producer Gold ver 2 and guess what !

I can now read these damn Ram discs....Horay !
    Quote Quote  
  15. ps: Thanks to all who replied. Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Any preference for type of media or brand ? I've been using Memorex -RW 1x & 2x and Verbatim -RW 1x and Pioneer -RW 2x. All seem to work fine.
    Quote Quote  
  17. It appears Cyberlink re-encodes the video when it is imported. TmpgEncDVDAuthor can not read my RAM disc so I'm sticking with -RW discs as TmpgEncDVDAuthor does not re-encode.
    Quote Quote  
  18. TMPGEnc is what I use to do my RAM discs. I had to uninstall CD Speed to get it to work the last time around. I don't know why, when I was using the free trial it worked with it on there, but when I bought the box version and installed it I had to take off CD Speed. No big deal, I never used it anyway.
    Quote Quote