VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

We run a video conversion company and want to look for a way to automate the process of taking a saved video project to render it to a video_ts or .iso file so that a replicator can duplicate to a DVD.

currently our process is to capture the videos from vhs or camcorders using pinnacle studio, then editing the files, deleting unwanted footage and saving the project, then once done for all videos, we render them one by one to an iso file, which we feed to our video replicator to burn to dvds.

however it requires an operator sit in front of the computer and render each of these files, and we would like to automate this process.

we are open to using a different editing program (i.e. we have tried power director but their batch export only exports to a video file)

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Obviously quality is not very high on your list of priorities given your choice of tools and method.

Avstodvd with 'Jobs List' activated will do the biz for the batch iso rendering. Maybe others can suggest a tool to do all but I doubt that exists.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by az-av View Post
    taking a saved video project to render it to a video_ts or .iso file so that a replicator can duplicate to a DVD.
    Doesn't work that way. First, you encode the video using an MPEG2 encoder to DVD compliant MPEG2 video and DVD compliant audio. Then you "author" a DVD structure (VIDEO_TS) from that by using a DVD authoring program such as Scenarist, Encore, DVD Architect, DVD Studio Pro, DVDAuthorGUI, Muxman, you name it.

Professional MPEG encoders such as ProCoder and Cinema Craft Encoder SP3 feature a "watch folder" where you can just drag the files to be encoded into. Authoring, if no menu is needed, is only a matter of adding the encoded files and clicking start.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Problem is grabbing NLE project and render file (ISO as you demand) out of it automatically.

That person who edits project has to go to render settings and export file that is used for ISO making right after he is finished with NLE editing. He cannot to do that ? Or that guy cannot let his PC to be bothered rendering?

Because batch processing of those renderings could be done (as those PRO alternatives as mentioned above), as a matter of fact I have created batch script that can encode DV avi's or uncompressed avi's, lossless avi's into DVD 's ISO files one by one, or burn them right away, one by one, operator just has to change DVD blanks.
    I'd just have to hive you small extra batch that makes those DVD's in batch, it is not in that download, and modified that "make DVD"BAT", so it accepts uncompressed/lossless avi's not just DV avi, just some lines needs to be deleted.

You could export lossless avi, quality should be even better becouse HcEncoder does perhaps better job than Pinnacle. Of course, no menus in those DVD's.
    Last edited by _Al_; 2nd Nov 2014 at 11:23.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    DB83, why do you say that regarding the methods and tools. i am interested in streamlining my process, but pinnacle was easy to use, their new versions rendered twice as fast as earlier versions and it could generate an iso so that later i could burn them seperately.

what wouuld you suggest for a quick and flawless job, without having to resort to very expensive tools
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    _Al_ power director has a batch render for files and it has an option for dvd compatible mpeg2, maybe i can combine that with avs2dvd for batch iso creation, what are your thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just because something renders fast does not mean it is any better than something that does not. In fact usually the reverse is true.

More importantly is how you capture the vhs/camera footage in the first instance. In what format and what additional equipment is used. etc. etc.

If you want to do this 'quick' then you can hardly call yourself 'Pro'
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by az-av View Post
    _Al_ power director has a batch render for files and it has an option for dvd compatible mpeg2, maybe i can combine that with avs2dvd for batch iso creation, what are your thoughts?
    Do you batch render more DVD's from one NLE video project? Or you batch render more projects and power director can do that somehow? Not sure what you exactly do now.

I don't know how Power Director is on par with quality exporting mpeg2 out. And I do not use avstoDVD also.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    no i edit files and save them as separate projects, then i batch render each project into 1 mpeg2 file, so i get multiple file outputs, from there i take these files and i feed them through avs2dvd to create isos
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!