VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

I have converted an AVI using the guides written by Sefi and using the following tools Virtualdub, TMPGEnc, VCDEasy (free version). The whole process seems to have gone well and the burn appears to have been successful using VCDEasy but the VCD will not play on my standalone DVD player nor on my laptop which loads the CD as a blank disc!

The only potential problem that I can see from reading various guides and forum answers is that I don't have Nero on my PC, only the 'Nero fast burn plug-in' for WMP 9.

Any takers?

dmaisy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi!
    Does your standalone DVD player support VCD? Remember, that not all DVD players support VCD. If you don't know, then look in the DVD Players links to the left of the page and do a search for your DVD player.

You can also try your VCD on a friends standalone DVD player. That way you might find out if it's your VCD or the DVD player that causes the problem.

It sounds like there's some problem with the burning. Since you're using the free version of VCDEasy, have you checked that the ASPI-drivers are installed correctly? I'm assuming that the simulate checkbox is cleared and the burn checkbox is marked in the main page of VCDEasy.

The last test you can do is installing DaemonTools and mount your image-file in the virtual CD-Rom. Then you can look in the virtual disc to see if something has been burned on it.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote