VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. gsrteg16
    When I convert an svcd to a dvd, the final product keeps pausing for a second every two seconds and this repeats throughout the movie. Only occassionally do I have this problem when I make my movies. Wondering if anyone could help..Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Lets get some things clear first.

1. what program did you use?
    2. pal or ntsc?
    3. info about the mpeg?
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote  
  3. aco2003nl
    I recently had the same issue.
    I have a vcd with video clips.
    I extracted one track of it, track 02.mpg.
    When I play this in Windows mediaplayer it is smooth.
    I run this through svcd2dvd versie 1.50, and the result it that the video pauses regularly. (Options: use FFmpeg, Mpgtx, MplexWin32)
    During the process of creating a dvd, the program has made a track 02_DVD.mpg.
    When I play this in Windows mediaplayer it pauses regularly also, so this is already wrong.
    When I try to load it in virtualdub, it complains with MPEG Import Filter: pack synchronisation error.
    When I run the mpg through TMPGEnc with a simple demultiplex and simple multiplex, the resulting mpg plays smooth again.
    When I use that mpg through svcd2dvd, it notices that the audio is already ok, so it skips the audio part. But the resultant mpg file is wrong again.
    Luckily I had the same videoclip on another vcd compilation and this went ok.
    I think that the original mpg file is in error, but do not know how to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think you are right about the input mpg. SVCD or VCD work best when making vcd-dvd or svcd-dvd make sure your mpg files is comform the standards. (VCD or SVCD).

The best way to besure you got a the real thing is to encode the mpg yourself with tmpgenc or a simular program.
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote