+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Originally Posted by verabgd View Post
    I would not agree that there is no PAL & NTSC HD: PAL is 25fps or 50 fps, NTSC is 29.97fps or 59.94fps. So-called film is 24 fps or 23.976 fps; I do not have such HD videos.
    Agree or not you are mistaken.

You are mixing up framerates with video systems.

High definition is neither PAL not NTSC.

Perhaps this will be correct:

High definition video with framerate 25fps and/or 50fps will not play in NTSC TV system by default ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the source is true interlace, conversion to 720p50 is usually not bad at all. So you can convert it to 60p you'd get something like this (source was 1920x1080i50)
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\dgAVCDec\DGAVCDecode.dll") 
    AVCSource("X:\test\1920x1080i25source.dga") 
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll") 
    AssumeTFF() 
    Yadif(mode=1,order=1) 
    Spline36Resize(1280,720) 
    convertfps("ntsc_double")
    yadif is used, QTGMC would give slightly better result but it takes much longer to process,
    so 720p60 (BD compliant) that you can encode to BD H.264 specs, that sample is not, just general H.264, but that is not important , just to see it:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am from Europe and my Blu-ray player can play everything: PAL, NTSC, file mode in various formats so I do not know what are the possibilities in USA.
    It really depends on the Blu-Ray player, but the only thing that is truly guaranteed to play here are authored Blu-Ray discs that conform to the NTSC and film parts of the spec, especially if the player is an old one.

Although some US model Blu-Ray players play many kinds of media files, others (especially older ones) can't play any media files at all. ...and while it is true that some US model Blu-Ray are able to play video that conforms to the PAL parts of the spec even though they are region-code restricted to Region A, not all can convert from PAL to NTSC resolutions and frame rates for output .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    After dgpulldown your video qualifies as 1080i.
    @verabgd Yes. Remember the discussion above regarding 1080i25 Blu-Ray movies actually being 1080p25? 1080p29.97 can also be flagged as interlaced (1080i29.97) to get around the Blu-Ray spec's limitations.
    I hope so. Mediainfo reads it as progressive.

Thank you very much anyway,
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    ...convert from PAL to NTSC resolutions ...
    We are talking about BDs video not DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. newpball ,
    can you tell the guy that asks here, if his frame rate would be ok on all BD players and TV's here in US, after BD authoring?
    If not, do not put those book statesments what's should and should not's. He needs concrete answers, not theories.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    newpball ,
    can you tell the guy that asks here, if his frame rate would be ok on all BD players and TV's here in US, after BD authoring?
    If not, do not put those book statesments what's should and should not's. He needs concrete answers, not theories.
    The may play fine over usb or even when the files are copied on a BD. It likely will not work in the BDMV format.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @verabgd In case you aren't aware, newpball is a troll. He mostly comes here to pick fights, and disrupt threads with off-topic posts. Ignore him.

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    After dgpulldown your video qualifies as 1080i.
    @verabgd Yes. Remember the discussion above regarding 1080i25 Blu-Ray movies actually being 1080p25? 1080p29.97 can also be flagged as interlaced (1080i29.97) to get around the Blu-Ray spec's limitations.
    I hope so. Mediainfo reads it as progressive.

Thank you very much anyway,
    I don't know because I don't author Blu-Ray discs myself, but somebody here probably does know what software can set the correct flag either during authoring or prior to authoring without another re-encode.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th May 2015 at 14:00.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    ...convert from PAL to NTSC resolutions ...
    We are talking about BDs video not DVDs.
    Blu-Ray uses the same D1 PAL and NTSC resolutions as DVD for the SD part of the spec.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th May 2015 at 15:10. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote