VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Basically while looking around my parents old items I found some old camcorders, one of them being the one titled, but theirs some problems, the main one being that I don't know if the camera is somehow broken or the battery on it is, because when I plug it in, it'll turn on. But when I leave it off to charge, I can tell on the side that it's charging, but the battery doesn't go up, no matter how long it's charging for. Is the problem most likely the battery and needs to be replaced? Other question is if I'm able to transfer the videos to my computer and what's needed for that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Does the camcorder runs off of the AC adapter without battery? Most likely the battery is dead due to age, They make dummy battery adapters just lookup your camcorder model.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    ...Other question is if I'm able to transfer the videos to my computer and what's needed for that.
    How do you connect this camera to the TV? You will need at least - as a bare minimum to start with - some "video capture device" which can be a card in the PC or, probably easier these times, an external USB adapter like the Hauppauge USB-live 2 to convert the analog signal from the camera to a digital format, plus a SW which runs on the PC for capturing.
    There are plenty of posts and threads in this forum about capturing of analog video. Be prepared for a steep learning curve.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Be prepared for a steep learning curve.
    I wouldn't call it overly steep, but it is something.
    Need to read.
    Need to avoid buying cheap crap devices that make broken promises, due to not doing research.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote