VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. You also have to add a delay or advance at the start to sync the audio. I thought that was obvious.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, the start frame is ther same, and, while there was 6sec async added along movie, it's only 2sec, at the end, of a 1,30 hour movie. Not a delay from start to end.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Then you need to adjust it more. Don't be surprised if after you get the start and end perfect there's a difference in the middle. Unless the two audio tracks came from the same source (ie, same DVD, same BD) it's often the case that the cuts are different.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just to tahnk you Jagabo, i won't ask anymore questions, it's bothering...

Interlacing was hard to understand clearly, FPS are another thing that make things hard !!!

Bonnes vacances.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Audio doesn't have a frame rate. It has a running time. And for an A/V file it has a starting time relative to the video. It doesn't need to start at the same time as the video, end at the same time as the video, or have the same length as the video. You can use video frame rates to get a hint at what might have been done to the audio but that's not definitive. Movie releases in different countries are often different cuts of the movie and different studio/distributor logos at the start. If one is from an over-the-air broadcast it may have been sped up or cut to fit the broadcast window. Someone may have cut out ads, and with a fade-to-black between the program and ads, one can't say exactly where the show ends and the ad starts. That can often result in a few seconds difference over an entire movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Happy new year everybody,

many thanks for help i received on this topic...

I upload some interlaced files to be available some time for people that want to learn deinterlacing.

That's all.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ow6awXzIykCWsXmdwbNGtXYINnOkHWXG?usp=sharing
    Quote Quote