VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. Did this one 1000 times until this happened. I use TmpGenc to convert avi to mpg (why? so that DVD Lab will allow me to import). Sometimes I need to use virtualdub v1.6.15 to extract wav first. Now, this time, the AVI plays OK in windows media player, but when I open the file with Vdub it complains about not having audio decompressor. TmpGenc also does not load the avi as the audio source for the same reason. Can someone help me here?

Problem 2: Another AVI file plays fine in wmp, but when I try to convert to mpg, the whole movie is the first frame only, but sound plays fine in background...

Thanks for any help in advance. Cheers.

-caper

Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub needs vfw codecs. WMP uses DirectShow codecs. Obviously you have one but not the other. At a guess, AC3 ACM Decompressor, but avicodec or g-spot will tell you what the audio is.
    Read my blog here.

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the fast reply. I think I have Directshow. I used GoldWave and it extracted the audio fine...now to figur eout why this other avi video will not convert...I get an hr of frame 1 !! Cheers.

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now I select the avi as the video source and wav as the audio src, now I get blank video with sound as the resultant mpeg...what gives?

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    any other suggestions?