VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a brand new (Dec 2010) DVD player purchased in Mexico (before we understood why our Vsonic wouldn't play the DVDs we brought down with us!). I'm just now learning about DVD Regions, and also that these machines can sometimes be unlocked. Any help on this one appreciated. (Any chance that the same codes used on other LG machines will work on this one?)
    Of course, the big worry is, can trying something out kill the player? Always a worry when hacking around...
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nobody here "makes" hacks. If it is not listed here....or you get no results on Google searched...you are most likely out of luck. But since US and Mexico are both NTSC Region 1....why are you having problems?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I insert the DVD brought from the US, and get a CHECK REGIONAL CODE message on the TV screen. At that point I can't go anywhere; can only eject the disk.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You're going to get dinged by the moderators for cross posting (posting in multiple places in the forums on the same or essentially the same subject). But at least you didn't do what a lot of newbies do and just grab some random unrelated topic and try to hijack it to your own needs. We don't like that much around here.

Yes the message you get is normal when you try to play a US DVD on a Mexican DVD player. Yes, trying a hack CAN indeed brick your player. But since your Mexican player is essentially useless to you if you really live in the USA as your Location suggests, I'm not seeing as to how you'd be worse off if that happens.

hech54 - Mexico is region 4. USA is region 1. Hence the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    hech54 - Mexico is region 4. USA is region 1. Hence the problem.
    That'll teach me to click on only one Google search result. One map showed them both as region 1.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! I certainly want to follow the rules and customs of the Forum; any errors are unintentional.
    Reason for the posting: live in the US but own a house in Mexico that we come to sometimes (like now) and also sometimes rent to US and Canada residents (as well as Mexicans) who might bring their DVD's down with them. Evenings are very quiet in this town, and all but one of the satellite TV channels are Spanish-language, so watching DVDs is a good option.
    I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the responses!
    Quote Quote