VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a batch script that I am using to switch the 1st and 2nd audio tracks and copy over only the English subtitles.
    Code:
    if not exist Ready md Ready
    for %%g in (*.mkv) do (
    ffmpeg -i %%g -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map 0:1 -map 0:3 -map 0:m:language:eng -c copy Ready\%%g
    )
    What it does:
    • Switches the 1st and second audio and leaves the 3rd audio track where it was(which is what I want it to do)
    • Then It re-adds all the audio tracks again 1-3 and add the English subs.

So this is obviously wrong and is telling it to add everything flagged as 'eng'.
    Code:
    -map 0:m:language:eng
    So in short what I'm trying to do is simply switch the 1st and 2nd audio track leave the 3rd audio track alone and copy only the English subs over. Can anyone show me what I need to change to accomplish this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is just a guess, but isn't it "-map 0:s:language:eng" ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    This is just a guess, but isn't it "-map 0:S:language:eng"?
    I tried that already and it threw errors:

Invalid stream specifier: s:language:eng.
    Stream map '0:S:language:eng' matches no streams.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think I got it: "-map 0:s:m:language:eng" I'm not absolutely sure because the file I was using to test only had one each of video, audio (jp), and subtitle (eng) tracks. But there were no complaints and I got the English subs in the output file. And if I specified another language it gave an error.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I think I got it: '-map 0:S:m:language:eng' I'm not absolutely sure because the file I was using to test only had one each of video, audio (jp), and subtitle (eng) tracks. But there were no complaints and I got the English subs in the output file. And if I specified another language it gave an error.
    That did it!! It is working now. Thanks
    Quote Quote