VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a .avi (video codec: XviD 1.2 SMP | Audio Codec: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3) which plays fine for 4 minutes then a glitch/hiccup occurs and the audio goes out of sync by 690ms. How can I change the audio to have a -690 delay after a certain point? I know of lots of programs which can add the delay easily, but only from the start of the movie, not mid movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Load the video into AVI Demux. Use the A marker on the frame before the glitch. Hit Del and save the first section of the movie. Load it up again, and this time Use the B marker on the frame after the glitch. Hit Del and check the audio sync. If it is still out, tick the Shift box and enter the delay (in this case -690) into the field next to it. Check the sync again. If it is now OK, save the results to a new file. Make sure that you are always in Copy mode, and that you put the file extension (eg. .AVI after the file name). If prompted to use Smart rendering, say Yes and use a Quant value of 2 or 3.

Test play both parts and check audio sync. If it is OK, load the first part, append the second part, and save the new, joined and repaired clip.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. It worked. I couldnt get the preview window in avi demux to actualy play audio but it doesent matter since I used another program to find out the delay I needed. Once I saved the combine file It worked fine. One more thing since im at it, the volume on the file is also too low. Can I boost it somehow with the program or do I need another?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You have to re-encode the audio

Do everything else the same, but instead of "copy" for the audio sidebar, use "MP3 (LAME)" and press "filters" (under audio) => gain mode => automatic -3db

If that's not loud enough for you choose manual and enter a value

Cheers
    Quote Quote