VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a few mpeg videos that are of very High Quality.The problem is that when there's any movement in the video,the image kinda like moves together.It is really hard to explain the image but the image in the video sort of like move in a wave-like manner.
    Some other high quality mpeg videos have these very fine 'lines'.
    Is there any way I can make the image sharp???
    Sorry if my description is hard to understand
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Fine lines like this (the bar of the metronome):

Use a deinterlacer.

As for the wave-line motion, be sure you're graphics cards video overlay feature is enabled.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Fine lines like this (the bar of the metronome):

Use a deinterlacer.

As for the wave-line motion, be sure you're graphics cards video overlay feature is enabled.

How to deinterlace it??And how do I enable video overlay?Is there any quality loss in doing this??And also,I want to encode it into DVD so if I burn on DVD,will the image be sharp if I do those steps?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by aruwin
    How to deinterlace it??
    When viewing you can use a player that has deinterlacing options. MPCHC, VLC, KMPlayer, even WMP will deinterlace interlaced MPG or DV files. If you are making a DVD you should leave the video interlaced. An interlaced TV will display the video correctly. A progressive TV will deinterlace on-the-fly. If you want to permanently convert to progressive video you need an editor with deinterlace or inverse telecine options. Deinterlacing will reduce the quality somewhat.

Originally Posted by aruwin
    And how do I enable video overlay?
    The first thing to try is going to the Display Properties dialog then selecting the Settings tab, pressing the Advanced button. On the next dialog select the Troubleshoot tab and make sure Hardware accelration is set to Full. If it is already set to Full try turning it off, rebooting, setting it back to Full, and rebooting again. If you still have the problem you'll have to look deeper but the process becomes specific to the graphics card and driver. Just look for Video overlay or other Video settings.

Many players also let you specify whether or not to use Video Overly. Look through the settings of the player you use. In MPCHC, for example, you select View -> Options -> Playback -> Output. From there there are several options:

You can verify if Video Overlay is enabled by playing video in WMP and hitting the Print Screen key on the keyboard. Paste into an image editing program. If Video Overlay is enabled the window of the media player will be empty (usually black), you will not see the video that was playing.

Using Video Overlay uses less CPU, gives better picture quality, and allows video to use different brightness, contrast, and color settings than other windows on the Desktop.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    How to deinterlace it??
    When viewing you can use a player that has deinterlacing options. MPCHC, VLC, KMPlayer, even WMP will deinterlace interlaced MPG or DV files. If you are making a DVD you should leave the video interlaced. An interlaced TV will display the video correctly. A progressive TV will deinterlace on-the-fly. If you want to permanently convert to progressive video you need an editor with deinterlace or inverse telecine options. Deinterlacing will reduce the quality somewhat.

And how do I enable video overlay?
    The first thing to try is going to the Display Properties dialog then selecting the Settings tab, pressing the Advanced button. On the next dialog select the Troubleshoot tab and make sure Hardware accelration is set to Full. If it is already set to Full try turning it off, rebooting, setting it back to Full, and rebooting again. If you still have the problem you'll have to look deeper but the process becomes specific to the graphics card and driver. Just look for Video overlay or other Video settings.

Many players also let you specify whether or not to use Video Overly. Look through the settings of the player you use. In MPCHC, for example, you select View -> Options -> Playback -> Output. From there there are several options:

You can verify if Video Overlay is enabled by playing video in WMP and hitting the Print Screen key on the keyboard. Paste into an image editing program. If Video Overlay is enabled the window of the media player will be empty (usually black), you will not see the video that was playing.

Using Video Overlay uses less CPU, gives better picture quality, and allows video to use different brightness, contrast, and color settings than other windows on the Desktop.
    Thank you,jagabo!It works!!
    Quote Quote