VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    Firstly I would like to acknowledge the excellent work of ssj2_goha on the "3GP iPod Converter Hack". This revision is not intended to replace or upstage his version, these are some mods I did for my own use and thought others might be interested.

PLEASE SEE:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic354952.html#1876280
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I'm curious if anyone would be interested in having XviD presets added to this?? I've got some XviD presets I use in Linux that could be easily adapted if there was enough interest. (+/-) Feedback appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    If you are interested check out "rev 3" of the 3GP iPod Converter for iPod/Apple TV/iPhone it features 2 new presets for Anamorphic Widescreen and 4:3 Letterboxed DVD sources. The newer ffmpeg build under the hood will also accept Avisynth .avs inputs. There are also more quality tweaks in the ffmpeg commandline.

Download links are in the first post. Users need to set their own Output Directory.
    Try it out!! IT'S FREE!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well done you have done some really good work. thanks for the tip of the hat to my work but i really think you have surpassed me. Personally I have moved to working with the program handbrake. but i look forward to seeing your progress with this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ssj2_goha!
    Cool to hear from my 3GP Mentor! I was hoping you weren't pissed. 3GP Converter is pretty fun to play with especially for programming illiterates like myself! I can see what attracted you to updating it in the first place. Glad to hear you're working on handbrake, the more cross-platform fun the better. I'll put in my request now for a Linux GUI!
    Quote Quote  
  6. thats actually i'm working on a cross-platform GUI for all thee OS's (with atomic parsley support)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK,
    That'll be awesome, VERY much needed especially in Linux. I'll be looking forward to that! If I can add one more request please package it when it's ready, (.deb/.rpm) So many of these apps don't compile worth crap from source and a lot of good apps slip under the radar for "average" Linux users because they can't be bothered to play "find the dependency". Hope to see it soon!
    Quote Quote  
  8. nice GMaq!

how can i achieve multipass and a 2500 bitrate? thx!
    later bater. deltaboy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    deltaboy,
    A lot easier route for that would be to download WinFF 0.291, it uses the same ffmpeg that my version of the 3GP iPod converter does. The WinFF forum at www.biggmatt.com has some presets I wrote that are pretty much the same. If you go that route post back and I can help you out with multipass etc. Doing what you want with the 3GP Converter would involve editing the "transcoding.ini" file pretty extensively. WinFF will give you equivalent speed and it will do pretty much any other conversion under the sun. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. okie,

i guess ill need to utilize the 'Additional Command Line' prompt. is it 2 separate encodes then (-1 pass, then -2 pass)? also, can i normalize the volume at all?
    later bater. deltaboy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK,
    Yeah you are right, "-pass 1" then encode again with "-pass 2" and overwrite the pass 1 file. Also I just remembered you will have to edit the maxrate to something higher than 2500k in order for it to accept the higher bitrate because the maxrate in my iPod presets is 1250k. So import the preset you want into WinFF, Edit----->Presets---->Select x264 preset-----> In the command line field change the bitrate numbers---->Update preset----->Save Preset. Volume theoretically can be raised but not "Normalized" I wouldn't recommend raising the volume because you are likely to encounter distortion issues. The x264 presets in the WinFF forum are for WinFF in Linux, they should work in the Windows build, let me know if you have difficulties.
    Quote Quote  
  12. actually, the Linux presets are invalid. regardless, i chose the existing iPod XviD HQ preset and altered it to show a -maxbitrate 2500 and -b 2000. im using Xvid4PSP to encode my audio b/c i can normalize, then i use YAMB to mux back together. hope it works...

so far, WinFF is giving me acceptable PQ. still, nothing can beat MPEG Streamclip coupled with the 3ivX codec. bitrates can far exceed 2500and still be a valid in iTunes. too bad it seems to hate 80% of the files i try to import.
    later bater. deltaboy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    deltaboy,
    It's probably the VBR coding in the Linux presets, I am away from my main computer right now but I have some presets that DO work in Windows on it that I will post in the WinFF forum sometime tomorrow (Saturday). I will put them in a separate post so you can find them.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Im interested in trying your program there GMaq but the links are broken, any fixed links?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Thanks, actually this thread is pretty old, there is newer one here with a newer version:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic344379.html

The download is at the bottom of the first post, I hope to put another update with CRF encoding up soon.
    Quote Quote