VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello All,

I have two videos in MP4 format and a bunch of pictures in various graphic formats. I have a song that is about 4 minutes and I want a cheap and dirty program that will consolidate the video and pictures into a youtube video. The program will have to figure out the timing so that the last picture is shown when the music stops. I used to use a website called onetruemedia.com but they are out of business. The theme is a birthday.

Any suggestions? Nothing fancy.

One other thing. For some reason the MP4 videos need to be rotated when I play them on Windows Media Player. They play fine with VLC player and there is no need to rotate them. Odd. I took the videos with an Android phone and I held the phone vertically so not sure why one media player flips the video and the other does not.

Thanks, Bill
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Rotation: vertical recordings on phones often use a rotation flag/setting. Players are supposed to honor that flag on playback so the image is right-side-up, regardless of aspect ratio of the source recorder or the display.
    One player is honoring the flag, one isn't.

No self-respecting editing app works out the timing for you, that's your job. It cannot read your mind and understand your priorities. Any thing more predictable is "cookie-cutter".

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The program you describe is a 'slide-show'. You will find several such programs in the software section.

But there are caveats. Very few can include video as well as stills and even if they do you could well come up against that rotation issue again. Also whilst all will support music background I guess that none will time the pictures to the music. More the other way around.

In short, if you really want to achieve what you desire you need to use an NLE. Then you have full flexibility. If you are only going to do this once then many offer a 30 day trial.
    Quote Quote