VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone

I am experiencing one frame loss per every 100 frames or so no matter what frame rate or resolution I capture at now. Does not matter if I use compression or no compression or the format of the capture either. It does not matter if I am capturing audio or not either, it is constant and sort of cyclic every 100 frames. What could be causing this? I am using VirtualDub for capture.
    Quote Quote  
  2. how can you not capture audio in virtualdub? are you disabling your soundcard in device manager as i am oblivious to any other way of doing it. my guess is you need a new soundcard or capture card or both. try unchecking capture/timing/sync video&audio clocks: capture using internal mode and if you drop 0 frames you need new hardware
    Quote Quote  
  3. One per cent frames lost?...
    Wonderfull!....
    Wy you want less than 1%?...
    Can you not the diference when yoy are seeing the movie?
    Of curse not!..
    Stay with one frame lost and stay happy!
    Quote Quote  
  4. try internal capture test (f7). if its ok than you have problems with your hard disk data rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: henry on 2001-10-26 05:10:32 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well I guess 1 frame loss per every 100 frames or so is not too bad. Now check this out....when I try to use DIVX compression while capturing with VirtualDub, the CPU cycles shoot all the way to 100 percent. What a memory hog DIVX is. And man do I really start to drop frames. I mean, I disable everything, run a 16bit video screen, unload all the DLL(s) in windows, free up all available memory and run cacheman and the SOB still drops frames, that is with a new Western Digital 35GB hard disk and a 733Mhz Pentium processor and 196MB of memory. And by the way, only 10Ghz is used on the hard disk, has been defragged. Settings on DIVX 4.02 new release are 1200Kbs video rate, 85%quality setting, 1 Pass, key frames at 100, frame search set to 5.
    Quote Quote