VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! This is my first post on here, so let me know if you need any additional details at all. I'm trying to convert an MKV file that has 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 1 subtitle track, and then 2 attachments that meet the technical specifications mentioned specifically in Matroska's own documentation, found here: https://www.matroska.org/technical/attachments.html The settings I'm using are in the program FFmpeg Batch AV Converter, which is essentially a frontend for FFmpeg with some slight alterations to make it easy to use for batch processing and has a GUI for people like me who aren't great at a command line. I'm needing to batch process a large bunch of these files and convert my original audio tracks, which are FLAC files in my videos, to AAC, and remove the attachments. I have a screenshot attached of what my current settings are for what I am attempting to do, but here they are in text as well:

"-map 0 -c:v copy -c:a aac -cutoff 20K -b:a 256K -ac 2 -c: s copy -map -0:t" [space added for the c: s] line to make it not turn into an emoji]
    [Attachment 56033 - Click to enlarge]

Whenever I use these settings, the audio tracks are coming out in AAC just fine, and the subtitle is coming out fine as well, but instead of removing the attachments (the cover art I have embedded), it is instead turning those into video tracks in the resulting file and turning the initial video track into the default track. I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong... Can anybody offer some help?

The images below show the header information in the files. The first image shows the initial file and the tracks involved, as well as some "zoomed in" information for the segment information and the attachments. The second image shows the second file created after the conversion and is "zoomed in" on the first video track, which has the dimensions for the first cover art image, and the third and final image shows the second file again, showing the dimensions of the second erroneously created video track which has the second cover art image's dimensions.
    [Attachment 56035 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 56036 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 56037 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try this
    ffmpeg -i "inputvideo.mkv" -map 0:v:0 -map 0:a:0 -map 0:a:1 -map 0: s:0 -c:v copy -c:a aac -cutoff 20K -b:a 256K -ac 2 -c: s copy "outputvideo.mkv"
    (remove the 2 spaces between : and s)

For your info: -map 0 copies ALL streams.
    Last edited by ProWo; 2nd Dec 2020 at 05:39.
    Quote Quote